Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Thanks Cody, i got a couple 5000 gensets i could try it on once i get them fixed.

4 Likes

This sure looks like fun :smile: can it be driven on uncompacted snow?

9 Likes

I find it helps to stabilize generator by adding additional load.

4 Likes

It can drive in fresh snow but just don’t stop.

5 Likes

I didn’t have any problems.

3 Likes

My latest project. Because my back can’t handle splitting wood anymore, I came up with this idea to make a splitting wedge for the jackhammer on my skid steer. Hopefully i can try it out tomorrow.

15 Likes
2 Likes

Hey Bill. I don’t have Facebook. But my wife showed me the post you made with so many responses. Awesome… And hilarious…, but I have to ask. Is that what you do while you’re waiting for the snow to melt up there in the spring? Get bored and sit around and think up statements to put on the web to stir the pot. :smiley::+1::hugs::hugs::hugs::grin: Lol. I love it.

Also, love the snow machine

9 Likes

Hahaha. The deal is, 10-15 years ago it wouldn’t be controversial. We’re living in crazy times now.

6 Likes

That splitter looks like plenty heavy enough/ good luck with it, hopefully not too many mods needed.how much you think that driveing shaft and wedge unit weigh,you think about. Sorry about your back giving you trouble- mine has been feeling a bit weak this winter.This damp cold weather dont help much.Makes me want too move to the dry side TEXAS as long as i can reach gardon water.SHORT WINTERS i bet.

3 Likes

My guess the total weight is 40-50 pounds

The pictures just make it look more massive, like a couple hundred pounds.

2 Likes

This is back behind the house. We ran out of room around the house so now I have to to push it back here and in the woods up the driveway. Apparently we’re forecasted to get another 8" at the end of the week.
We’ve had about 12’ so far.

16 Likes

Hey Bill.

I will quit complaining about my mud :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

No, mud is many times worse than snow.

7 Likes

I refreshed the forecast and now they’re saying 13" of new snow by the end of the week.

7 Likes

Depends what kind of snow you’re talking about. Snow like Bill is dealing with is enough to kill deer. Mud doesn’t do that. Snow like that will shut you right down, it might be too hard to walk to a shed 100ft away. And at this date it’s probably not going to just melt away, it will be a severe physical barrier for near a month, and who knows what other storms will dump on top. That’s similar to the situation we had last winter, we probably got over 6ft total winter snow accumulation, in some places in the bush it was nearly 4 ft deep, then we got a storm every week, the snow didn’t melt till the first week of May, then the last couple of Colorado lows fell as rain and it flooded.

10 Likes

You just adapt to your environment Garry. Even the animals. We get a lot of snow. Not much this year. Only a hundred and five inches so far not counting the 3 inches we got a couple hours ago. Our average is 165 inches. Last big snow year was 2014 and that was 265 inches. Bruce Jackson averages over 300 inches. I clear a half mile to the highway with a 30 inch snow blower since my last plow truck went down. It’s a little bit of a job for a 75 year old but keeps me in ass kicking shape. Still better than mud. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

I’ll stick to my observation that the snow kills, mud not so much. I’ll take precipitation in liquid form any day over the solid stuff that doesn’t go away. Take away the FF and the steel and the difference can’t be ignored.

5 Likes

WHARE you live tom- thats a lot of snow up your way-MY snow blower broke3 years ago, i been using snow shovel since- i only have about 80 feet a trail to the road gets me by-though we seldom get over a foot here and there- i only shovel 4 to 5 times all winter last several years or over 10 years. You must be in north east or north west coast area.?

4 Likes