Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

Aaah things come together now :smile:

6 Likes

My ancestors were quite large producers of wine and brandy, but they never added sugar, they said that noble varieties of grapes ferment into “normal” alcohol, but if we add white sugar, the wine becomes “stupid” (in addition to ethyl alcohol, methyl, which destroys the brain), the same applies to brandy, where only plum brandy and grape pomace brandy were brewed.

7 Likes

Today I got the 9000W generator i use for welding to run on charcoal. I know Matt does this all the time but this is huge for me.

19 Likes

Great looking sistem! Welding with the heat of the sun, rather thain farts of dinosaurs :smile:

Seems like you got no problem with the generator welder combo. My welder doesent work with a generator wich is a huge pain… electronics…

Btw, our maples are alredy runing. Time for some taps

12 Likes

@KristijanL I was having problems too. I just turned up the amperage a little bit.

10 Likes

Thanks for the video Mr. Bill. enjoyed it :blush:

HWWW

6 Likes

Don’t you hate that hollow sound when you burn a hole through the metal. You fix it just like I do with a few short bursts to fill in the hole. Good job!

Garry C

8 Likes

Hahahaha. Yeah, that’s why you won’t see closeups of my welds. For me, it doesn’t need to look good, it just has to work.

10 Likes

My welder wuldnt work at all. We tryed neighbours stick welder (also inverter) and we straight up fryed it.

2 Likes

Were you able to check the frequency output of the generator?

1 Like

No, but it shuld be all good, specifications wise. It wasnt some iffy geberator too, but a big 10kw diesel

2 Likes

Are you using a inverter mig welder or a standard transformer mig welder like my old snapon century mig, i never tried on generator yet.

Inverter. The trafo one had no problems

2 Likes

I’ve used my inverter flux core welder with my harbor freight generator, but not on woodgas yet

Any electronics need pure sine wave, some generators make square wave.

4 Likes

The welder im using is a Tweco 3 in 1 Fabricator. It has electronics. I’ve used it for 7 years while living up here.

4 Likes

I got the Snow Dog running on charcoal today.

20 Likes

Can you mig weld 1/8" plate steady with 5000 generator, or need bigger one on --petro–?

2 Likes

That little 4 cycle harbor frieght motor pulls a good size load on char gas. Thanks for the Ride, looks like you could through a deer on and make it back home.You got plenty of snow left,are snow melted mostly yesterday and today, 49 f wensday.

5 Likes

I only have the “9000 watt” generator, but in 120v mode it requires a 20amp plug to keep from kicking off a breaker. So I only need 2400 watts minimum, I’d round up to 3000 watts.

4 Likes