Drive on wood book

Can someone pls advise if the book is PDF or hard copy? If hard copy I can’t do this.
Shipping to my country is problematic.
Tim

1 Like

The book is hard copy, however for the Premium Membership there is a digital version of the book with videos.

1 Like

The first 6 month of buying the book you get the premium vidio book section, The vidio made it much easier too understand the build. You can ask around and find out what parts too collect, so you can finish the build in 6 months, you can build it that way.And probley get some help if needed, either through email or some stuff on open site.

1 Like

HI cody, i never tried building the WK gasifier with vidio alone, would you say it is posible, I dont remember if it was all in the vidio, or most all there.since i had the book also.THANKS.I should maybe ask chris seans.

2 Likes

Yes I think someone could

1 Like

I think between Waynes videos and mine it could be built just from video pretty easily

7 Likes

Thanks all. I will give it serious consideration but frankly paying this kind of money for a hard copy I will never receive is pointless.

2 Likes

Message @Chris he could assist you with setting up for Premium without getting the book, I believe in the Square site for Drive on Wood there’s an option to do so.

If not, we can certainly help you with non Wayne Keith designs for gasifiers. What vehicle/engine were you wanting to power on wood?

4 Likes

Thanks. I will probably pay for the normal subscriotion and see the videos first. If the book arrives then that’s a bonus. If I must I’ll upgrade later. Running a 3.5 V8 land drover discovery and plan to build a trailer for the gasifier.

1 Like

HOW much do the tow vehicle weigh, big motor small vehicle works better though i would use what you have and you can always go bigger motor lator,after you learn all the building designs and OPERATOR procedures.AND if its a little less power than expected you can also add in a little petro.(hybrid driving.)

1 Like

Trailer will probably be half ton maybe a little bit more

1 Like

Well i know can pull a light weight trailer, he shoots for about 1000 pounds of wood, so a lighter traler as posible,that will still hold up- is best ,in order too keep the speed up enough to use the freeways or maintain 55 to 60 mph , THATS with 318 dodge v8 in a lighter dakota truck.I got a 1999 dakota that is a little heavier than the 93 too 96 dakotas, that seem too work a little better than the 97 too 02 dakotas as long as they have the 318 or 360 motor- #

1 Like

Those are big engines compared to the 3.5ltr v8.

2 Likes

The Wayne Keith system can be tuned to just about any engine size within reason, from 4 cylinder 2 liters to the 8.3 Liter V10 in a Dodge Ram.

That being said, make sure your trailer has good suspension. May even want airbag or coil spring helpers for when it’s fully loaded down with wood chunks. It was designed more for a pickup truck to be nested into the bed, but plenty have put them on a trailer.

4 Likes

8.0 is the v10 ram, 8.3 was the viper all aluminum v10

7 Likes

Hi Cody. Is the premium version the $50 book and 6 months or the $100 purchase?

2 Likes

The 100 dollar option is 1 year of Premium plus the physical book.

The 200 dollar option is Lifetime Premium plus the physical book.

Message @Chris he is the administrator and can help you better than I could.

3 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate the reply, will do

2 Likes