Free Rides Again All Years Here

Other then the fuel injection part, very similar to him I have figure out how to do it, as long as I’m moving and in gear I can suck start the gassifier pretty easily and also how I get gas up to the motor in the mornings. Short enough shutdown I can fire back up on wood no problem but have to keep the rpms up for that little lag in fuel production. Have to do a video on that now I think about it, little harder I think with the carburetor and fuel pump giving such a delay in dino juice delivery. Thanks for the ride!

4 Likes

Thanks JO for the ride. THe trees are all so white it looks like a winter wonder land ---- as much as “winter” can be a wonderland. TomC

5 Likes

One way to appreciate winter is to spend a summer In Tampa Fla. I grew much fonder of winter after that.

7 Likes

Y’all hop in let’s go for a Sunday ride!

9 Likes

Thanks for the ride Marcus, it was a nice hill you tested.

6 Likes

Thank you Marcus!
I love hearing that V8 accellerate :grin: Especially knowing that’s a woodgas roar :lemon:

7 Likes

I thought I would bump this to the top so the new members could take a ride :blush:

8 Likes

Another bump to the top . Yall hop in and lets ride .

Edit . Bump to top again.

New folks may want to hop in and take a ride .

7 Likes

Bump to the top so new folks can ride :blush:

6 Likes

Here is a great ride at Argos Wood Gas Meet Up with Wayne and Koen. He used his 360° camera.

Move it around with your fingers on the screen.
Bob

8 Likes

Thanks, Bob! That video never gets old! Click and drag the view around, first watch Wayne’s face as he is driving while explaining. Next, start the video over and watch Koen’s face while getting a real life lesson in high-performance woodgas driving by the “master”!! :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

That left foot on the brake is the first thing you learn when you put in a good sized cam and then sit at a stop light. Easier with a clutch. When ever I watch these video’s 50 MPH always seems plenty fast to me with the scenery flowing by. I think I’ve gotten old timers disease.

6 Likes

Bump to top so new folks can ride .

7 Likes

Bumped again to the top for the new folks to ride :blush:

7 Likes

hop in and lets go for a ride, even with a mid drive refuel in it!

10 Likes

That was a great stop hopper fill hot refueling with wood. I notice when you open the hopper you knew it was going to flash/ puff out the opening. Then you added wood. Thanks for the ride.
Bob

3 Likes

Only need to singe the beard once to learn not to hangout and be a looky loo :joy: Iv learned that I can tell when puff the magic dragon is going to come out and say hi by the color and thickness of the smoke when I pull the hopper lid off. If I’m down to the nozzles and the char bed is visible and emitting enough light to light up the whole hopper, it very rarely will puff. But if the smoke is thick, and a light tinge of brown color it is guaranteed to puff! Thick white smoke is 50/50 chance. I don’t take my chance anymore, just give it a few seconds and you will be safe

7 Likes

If you watch the old videos of WW2 buses getting refueled at the stations. They would open the hopper lid and light the match and into the hopper to be sure of no puff flash backs.
Bob

7 Likes

In the old gasifier manuals there are instructions to ALWAYS light the gas in the hopper with a match, even if it’s cold. I used to do that on my old Volvo, but after mounting a condensing hopper the gas was so moist in the upper part it hardly ignited, so i stopped ligthing it, had a “puff” once and i could tell i looked funny without eyebrows, (and some skin flaking in my forehead) i always weared baseball caps at the time, and they seems to re-direct some fire back in your face, im glad i don’t had a beard back then :blush:

8 Likes