Hemp vs Marijuana

Hi kingfred709,
I left LA after a Christmas visit to see my son. I don’t recall how long I drove but I ended up on a road under going construction. Dang, As I drove the road got worse and seemed all uphill. Then it struck me that I missed a turn big time
when I saw a sign “elevation 7000 ft”. My head spun, holy ####, where am I headed??? I just kept going and finally started down the other side and stopped at the next motel. The next am I drove down to Denver in about an hour. I hadn’t turned around because every once in a while a car would come from the other direction. I was a bit dazed and confused for a while.
Pepe
Talk about slowing down, I wish I could find the vid where a bunch of smokers get in the car and go through a whole 10 minute safety check routine before the car is even started. Hilarious!

3 Likes

Even people who are oppsed to legal pot are getting benefits from taxes on it. Blacktop is now 5 miles closer to where I live and the nearest small city can afford to repair a 100 year old sewer system. I guess thats better than the money going to Mexican drug cartel.

5 Likes

Pepe 2000 glad to hear you got the monkey off your back. I grew up with someone who drank all the time and that scared me seeing what it did to him. As a result I never drank. Can’t drink beer anyway that stuff just makes me puke I get all the hangover with non of the buzz. Hard stuff I could drink but never wanted to.
But I have seen plenty of people struggle with it and you have every right to be proud of braking the habit.
The one think i will say is pot is like anything else a little doesn’t seem bad for people probably helps with chronic pain more then anything else. But too much is bad. I have seen that to with people. I know someone who can’t think the way she did 20 years ago when I met her. I honestly think it is because she got depressed and went from smoking a little to smoking too much.
I just wanted to say moderation in all things. Too much of anything isn’t good for any of us. I have seen pot used where people where ok and where they are not.

6 Likes

Anything can be abused even your gasifer if your foot is to heave.
I have never tried smoking marijuana but I have done some research on it .
some are calling a miracle drug. They are using the oils extracted from it to cure all sorts of cancer and a lot of other aliments.
Interesting reading if you research it.

2 Likes

I think the medicine they are getting comes from hemp that dont have the thc that reg hipi pot has.then if we grow are own medicine they caint rob us too death at the drug store.

2 Likes

Do some research no it Kevin.
The medical stuff they are using comes from hi grade ( cannabis. )( marijuana)

2 Likes

Hi kingfred709,
About 1972 I moved onto my 8 acres of heaven a mile down a rutty dirt road. No elec, no running water except the river on the north boundary. I told my mom I had walking water. Huh? Yeah, mom, grab a bucket walk down to the river, fill it and walk back. I’m not sure she appreciated my humor, but dad smiled. In the next 20 or so years 2 more houses in that mile. One day I came home from work and turned onto HUH!!! WHAT!!! The town had started paving the road. I then knew how Daniel Boone felt when he could see the chimney smoke from his neighbor’s house. Time to move! I didn’t since everything was bought up then. I loved living down that dirt road, so 5 miles might be close enough :grinning:

2 Likes

Several years back while going through the police academy we were required to correctly spell Tetrahydrocannabinol.

For some of the students that was easy , for me a days work , :cry: and now without the PCs help you could forget about me trying to spell it .

5 Likes

I strongly agree with Dan Allerd about to much of anything being a problem. O wait my third pot of coffee just finished brewing. Got to go.

5 Likes

That’s a good word Wayne.
I don’t think I could every pronounce it let alone spell it.

1 Like

That is a good one hard too even read for me too, well mi has a new piolot program with 80 or so state police trained too test for pot infuenced drivers.the line is gray when pot is causing problems with driveing. They have there test that may be random used and likely too be used if there is any crashes. Suposed too be in 5 countys this year too see what they can learn while earning.PS the test allso covers meth, cocain, heroin, a few more, as crashes are slitely on a rise from drug use. I am glad i quit smokeing pot in the early 80,s when it went from 20 an ounce too 100 bucks an ounce.

1 Like

I don’t smoke weed, just because it generally doesn’t do much for me but make me “dopey”. I have lots of friends who find it quite beneficial, and all the power to them. It makes no sense to me to set billions in law enforcement efforts against something which by any objective standard causes almost no harm. And then to hand over billions to international drug cartels is just disastrous for governments and people.

I appreciate the point raised earlier that the US Constitution requires special amendment to legally infringe on citizen’s rights, but it’s been done anyways, and so many people jailed, killed, and lives ruined. Here in Canada our constitutional rights are far less, and less respected. Now governments eyes are all a glitter over the revenue prospect, so they still need a legal framework to impede the growing of something akin to sunflowers. I still see that as a ridiculous situation, as any farmer could probably supply their whole state for a year from one field. I think it would be best if the product had no significant value.

The only concerns I have are the obvious risks of smoking, and there’s a significant increase in schizophrenia amongst young smokers.

Regards,

2 Likes

Kevin,
The legalzed medical marijuana in Michigan. They made industrial hemp licensing available for research purposes at like universities, government and I assume big ag outfits. However it is subject to inspection, and if they find a THC content over like .2% then they consider it marijuana, and you are subject to search and seizure… just not worth it to even apply for a research permit.

With the advent of led grow lights and low cost self-generation, they are unable to look at high electric use to help easily detect growing operations.

2 Likes

I was thinking if the miricle cancer cure medicine, i heard that it was made from hemp oil not the thc included, or used the hemp that only has the 2% thc that the medicine made from though not aproved by the fda. And i am not sure how or whitch type is used too curb epilepsy.

1 Like

Cannabidiol, aka CBD, is the primary medical cannabinoid for epilepsy, inflammation, and such.

3 Likes

Dontcha know, pot has NO medical use or application. Very strange that U.S. GOV holds patents on medicinal use of pot.

3 Likes

My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house in Vermont. There’s also a large 2 story shop and a very large barn in fairly good shape. Down side , only 3 acres.

3 Likes

Politics warning…

4 Likes

Richard, I suggest you read the book, “The State” Frederic Bastiat

1 Like

Chris i just wanted to say thanks for keeping a close eye on the political aspects. I take part in a tractor forum where they have a section for political discussion and it devolved into just a bunch of bashing that doesn’t serve any useful purpose. From what I have seen so far you do a great job here. Thanks for keeping this a nice place to learn and share ideas.

8 Likes