Hi guys,just joined,looking forward to learning and picking you guyz heads.Hello from lake moultrie South Carolina!

Dang i said everything i needed to say in the topic,maybe smore lata.

8 Likes

Welcome to the DOW Phillip :blush:

Lake Moultrie . Beautiful country.

5 Likes

Yes welcome and glad to have you aboard Phillip, lots to read, learn, and watch here at the DOW!

4 Likes

Welcome to the DOW, Carolina’er.
Other members spotted around you.

Learn to use the top page tool-bar look-for Magnifying glass search tool.
10 years of questions, answered, there.
Regards
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

Welcom too DOW phillip dickinson, your last name is same as my late mothers name is /was.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome ,I stumbled across this site while researching ideas on kilns( Ive been cooking in a mound in my yard!)and saw this young man with the distinguished mustache and when I heard that charcoal sound like Church bells ,I came a running!

8 Likes

Mr Phillip, glad that the content of this poor minded lunatics channel led you to this place :joy: Im sure you will enjoy the company. Wellcome!

9 Likes

Hi Phillip, welcome to DOW.
Bob

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome,Im tryn to design a kiln to utilize some fire bricks I have on hand and sheet metal( I am a master carpenter,a plumber,an electrician,a gardener, amateur antenna designer,roofer,mechanic,etc,etc) yet cant decide on a design.Thinking about an updraft using metal to line an underground cube of 4 ×4×4 with brick and metal surrounding the charcoal wood above.Perhaps venting the sh@t fire through the top ,so that it will catch fire and retort at the appropriate time.Or I may just copy the kiln that led me here.On another note I made soap last night and for my next venture Im considering the ballistics and trajectory needed to launch a 50 cal into high orbit assisted by a fusealog and then dropping and reentering the atmosphere at about 18000 mph to find it’s home in the back of Putins head.Ill be back with the results soon.

2 Likes

Hmm.
Well to round you out I suggest downloading, or buying a copy of this make-a-point movie:
“The Man Who Killed Hitler, and then the Bigfoot”.
Watch this. Then watch it again, and again, to learn to understand futility. Futility of the Big-Idea. Futility of the Grand-Gesture.
And maybe, just maybe . . . that personal touched, human love is the experience to strive for.
Fishing with a brother. With a friend.
Watching a child do a school presentation play.
Steve unruh

3 Likes