Historic woodgas tractors

11 Likes

polyethylene curley production on the old pedal turner…
i hope they will be oil resistant…?

8 Likes

Hi Giorgio, pedal turner? Is it a metal lathe pedal powered?
I’ve only seen wood lathes pedal powered.
As for the plastic, is it the type sturdy water plastic hose (PEM)? If so it whitstands oil pretty good, can be little softer in the beginning, and slightly harder with long use, but not hard/ brittle (just my observations)

8 Likes

hi göran, yes it is originally for metal lathe, prisma guiding, cross support for tools…
i think it is definitely before 1900…upper belt wheel from oak wood, originally with leather belt, round shaped…the original lathe chuck was worn out, so i replaced it…
a very useful engine for me, in his story it was used after metal working from a little home industry from brothers what made grain wind cleaning engines from wood, they have had thirty years ago their sawmill with the energy from a old steam engine…
i use it also for metal drilling, when lathing thicker metal pieces is helpful when my son helps…2 man power…2 mp…energy crisis resistant…

13 Likes

Fantastic machine Giorgio, i like it, total energy independent.

10 Likes

clean out port…must see if the gasket cut preparation with adhesive stripes keeps up also here-

13 Likes

the nozzle, according to eddy ramos calculations has a hole with 16mm…
will see if it keeps up , will also make a protective ash layer around up to the top…

10 Likes

gas exit on half height…to avoid that umidity what collects under the lid, goes in the tubing…

15 Likes

Giorgio, you are an Artist with Metalcrafts!!
Plus, I am sure it will work very well! :cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

i hope also…and it is not so easy to find always the right vessels, so decided to make by myself…the first models were propane tanks, but for my mobile engines- mowers and tiller, to heavy…so i found milk can for the tiller and harvester mower , a self made bucket for the red mower, a honey container for the motorcultivator…but for the tractor?..so i decided to make by myself…

11 Likes

Saw this on the highway today. It almost feels off topic after your beautifull work Giorgio.
And a tracker on the trailer as well. Very rare, I think.

10 Likes

yes, and the tracker has a steering wheel, how the fiat boghetto model from the ´40 of last century…

5 Likes

would be a nice hobby for your pension time…restoring some old tractors and adding gasifiers…

7 Likes

No me, lots of projects that I am not capable of to finish in this lifetime. Just like woodgas , all my projects evolve way way to slow. Only work and life goes full speed.

10 Likes

Younger people think that when you are in what Giorgio calls your pension time, you would have all the time in the world to do whatever you like. In truth the hours in the day shrink way down. You get up, blink your eyes a couple of times and it’s time for bed again. If you are lucky you can squeeze a little productive time between blinks. Of course I"m talking about the kind of old where you start wondering what grass looks like when you are looking up from underneath it. :unamused:

17 Likes

nozzle protection with ash

11 Likes

the cooler

12 Likes

FILTER:

raschig rings. in the bottom

hay filling with pressing spring and gas exit… this space will be filled with horse hair or sheep wool

14 Likes

Truly a work of art Giorgio :smiley: :+1: Test firing it up soon?

7 Likes

yes, some little things to do, washing the horse hairs…
installation of oil bath filter…as provisoric blower for now the big blower from my forge…

than is to look at the engine, ignition system, and so on, and than hopely a successfull motor start…after than oil change and filter cleaning…
is it necessary to make a motor wash - clean away old oil residues, and how is it done?
i have read somewhere, motor oil with a part of diesel (how much was not explained ) can be used to clean all the oil circuit of the motor…who has experience?
my first bigger engine…

4 Likes