How to make an iPhone home screen app for drive on wood

Evening gents. Just picked up two tanks from a man out in the rural lands to start my first gasifier project so decided it was time to make an account.

As I was finishing up I began the process of making the website appear as an app on my iPhone Home Screen so thought it would be a nice contribution for a noob to make to the community to remind and show everyone how to do that.

It’s real easy, just go to drive one wood in safari (must be safari) then click the middle button at the bottom of the screen and choose the option “Add to Home Screen”. Makes it easier to check in often and help with my project :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Welcome Joshua, it seems you’re familiar with the site already. Good to show how to make a shortcut in case someone doesn’t know, you always want dow to be close by :smiley:
What kind of project did you have in mind with those two tanks?

7 Likes

Morning Johan! I was planning on following this one! Any advice?

5 Likes

Not really on that one, I only just started that one myself :smiley:
But I bet many others know how and what about Ben P’s work

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a BenP gasifier. A lot of Research and Development went into that design, and a lot of people have built and used it to good result.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reassurance Cody. It seemed like the gold standard for the so glad to have confirmation it’s a good build.

I noticed some rust on the bottom of my tanks that was painted over. Think I should be concerned?

3 Likes

As long as the rust isn’t really pitted, worn thin.

Have you already purged the tanks?

If not, then ratchet strap the tanks to a tree or some other immovable object and take the valves off with a monkey wrench.

Then fill the tanks with water, and turn upside down.

4 Likes

When I had to unscrew the valve from a propane tank, I wrapped the tank around an old timing belt from some Subaru and inserted a crowbar into the belt loop. All this lay on the ground. I also didn’t have a suitable strong key. Therefore, I welded two thick plates to a piece of strong corner. The distance between the plates is exactly the size of the valve.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Nope haven’t even taken em out the truck yet.

1 Like

One of our members helped with the development of that Gasifier. I sure he will chime in.

1 Like

I made that one works great

5 Likes

Little side tangent, what blower is that Josh? Is it an ametek lamb?

1 Like

Its the one ben peterson posted on his youtube from alibaba. I replaced the motor with a rc car brushless system for better control

2 Likes