Introduction from western Pa

Hello! I have been a lurker for a while, gathering information. I would like to use wood gas to run stationary engines. I am very interested in micro-hydro, and wind turbines. recently retired, was a mill wright, technician in manufacturing environments. Love to design and build things.
Kent

14 Likes

Welcome Kent, you will find a lot of great information here. If you have any questions just ask. We will be glad to answer and help you if you need it.
The most active members are premium members where the WK Gasifier or Keith Gasifier is located. Look around in the open library where there is a wealth of information.
Bob

7 Likes

Kent,
Welcome to DOW. You will enjoy the interaction with those on this forum. It has become a great form of entertainment and valuable source of information for me. It’s a great place to be.

5 Likes

Welcome Kent, DOW members have a lot of truck-mounted gasifier. A truck unit has a lot of varying load conditions just a bit more complicated to operate. There are several that have stationary units. Charcoal gas or char gas is a great way to get your feet wet with gasification. Look for Gary Gilmore SImple fire, David and Brian, Matt Ryder chargas units. Again welcome to the wonderful world of gasification.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard Kent. Get your self some junk and build something. Make some gas. It don’t have to be pretty, no one here is going to kick it out of bed. A lot of us run stationary units. Not as exciting as the DOWers but it’s a good place to start.

8 Likes

Welcome Kent, where are you in western Pa? I live in north central WV

4 Likes

we are just outside of Meadville. I was just outside feeding the laying hens, blowing snow and about 5" so far today. A good day to read and explore the site.
kent

8 Likes

Hello Mr. Smith and welcome to the DOW.

I would gladly trade you some of these tornadoes that are bouncing around here in Alabama for a little of your snow .

7 Likes

Wayne that’s a new one for you.
I never heard you say anything good about cold or snow.

6 Likes

Hello Mr. Jim .

I had rather eat barbwire as be in snow and cold but these tornadoes can get serious . We have the storm pit door open and ready to jump in.

9 Likes

Might need to build a bomb shelter for the cows if it gets any worse!

4 Likes