Joni's chip gasifier

Two today different ways two fellows here have shown for gasification MORE direct - like ice directly into water vapor:
Plasma energy induced. He talked. He stopped. Why?
Larry Dosbons extremely low velocity, extremely long long duration exposed; extremely all high temperature units. He went for a long time with cast silicon carbide castings custom made in Poland to endure the whole system heats needed to perform. Expensive to make. Subject to thermal shock cracking on batch refueling. System joints gas leaking in duty cycling. He is trying now to achieve the same conversion results in stainless steels.

Some times the practical necessities of energy-in, and material limits tanks good concepts.
S.U.

1 Like

This is Greg manning’s you tube videos.
He gasifys wood chips.
He is the man whose mantra is “run time in thousands of hours”.

5 Likes

I liked his made fan cage a lot.
He’s right, aluminum unless chromate coated will eat up and disappear in woodgas.

GregM is distinctly not an automater for automations sake.
He is about using what most would consider low grade local wood to full farm heating.
In a damn cold, cold climate.
Much Respect.
Steve Unruh

Ha!!! Refueling on the fly! And this is on my roads almost everywhere …

13 Likes

among my “colleagues” from Ukraine with gas generators on cars, this is a very popular design …

This is a diagram of the gas generator chamber of the m-1 automobile, which was produced in the USSR at the end of the 30s of the last century. Do you like this kind of design?
These types of reactors are also called “Berlie”

9 Likes

Haha! So, there are piles of wood chips laying around everywhere? That’s perfect :smile:
Why do people make an effort chipping and just throw them in the ditch?

1 Like

Because they work for the government. Incomprehensible waste is inherent in the structure.

2 Likes

Good morning Joni .

Thanks much for the pictures .

Having motor fuel all along the road must put big smile on your face :smiley:

Make sure you have some lemons nearby :blush:

( let me explain the lemon just in case you haven’t figured it out yet . Here on the DOW the people that are driving mile after mile on wood will have big smile on their face . Day after day this smile will begin to hurt face . We discovered biting in to a lemon will give some temporary relief of face :grin: :smile: )

9 Likes

Wow Joni, you have refueling piles along the road side, nice. They do the same here, but they are spread out so there is no pile.
Bob

1 Like

No. Not a liked design by most here Joni.
Direct contact of hot char to the metals. Ouch!
No fuel moisture reducing features.
An APL/GEK precursor. What zardozHenry showed you.

We all like yours, and Sergei’s much much better. Modern features and capabilities . . . with individual surprises. It had been gasfier Christmas for us.
Regards
Steve unruh

3 Likes

SteveUnruh,
what do you think about such a design?

6 Likes

Excellent.
Short and squat so obviously for front-of-vehicle; rear-of-vehicle.
I am stationary so we can use the same features but go form-factor taller.

For my personal use I would want the most modern known features of a Joni Hopper Vapor Extractor.
A Ben Peterson drop-in inner flow shaper/insulation retainer sleeve.
And an up from the bottom rotatable post mounted grate. My Doulas Fir wood makes very fragile char easily crushed by the chain hanging, upward swing grates. Grate move gently . . . to not at all. An under 1% ash fuel wood.

I am looking for a drop-in sleeve picture. Unique. New. No historical reference. Ben Peterson's new Gasifier Plans? - #30 by JayMcB74
Then scroll up to post #15 on this topic for pictures of my own personal system with ~600 hours usage in its internals.
S.U.

3 Likes

on the left side pipe out ,charcoal fuel this would be water condensation dripping out ? On wood chip fuel this would be steam , smoke ?

2 Likes

it’s a wood gasifier!

1 Like

I like it! similar to my Ford Ranger build, short. I would take the left side air in, and move it to right, through the gas out, to preheat incoming air.

2 Likes

Joni,
Does this also come from the engineer Rybnikov? I want to see those old documents. I cannot find him on the internet.
Rindert

2 Likes

R_wesseling,
ha ha ha! They made me laugh, no, this creation was not invented by the engineer Rybnikov, it’s out of my head! :woozy_face:

8 Likes

r_wesseling,
if you’re interested, I could give you details about my gasifier.:smiley:

4 Likes

do any of you have such or a similar system?

6 Likes

Eugene, it’s good that you’re selflessly posting sketches, plans, to build carburetors, I also plan to build an efficient carburetor on wood chips, but I’m still thinking about the details.

2 Likes