Keith gasifier for a military genorator

Well I knew I should not have come on this thread. Now I have to buy this generator. It has 220 volt and electric start and its built by WEN Oh and yeah its deul fuel and for the same cost as the Predator. Well guess Im going to have to get this on order now darn it!

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-DF475T-4750-Watt-Portable-Generator/dp/B07M8FFS51/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2RTL6FLAM68K8&keywords=4375%2Belectric%2Bstart&qid=1681855280&sprefix=4375%2Belectric%2Bstart%2Caps%2C367&sr=8-2&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.c3015c4a-46bb-44b9-81a4-dc28e6d374b3&th=1

Here is the Predator for comparison. However even though they show the wheel kit this price does include it. Although I cooked ours trying to team with our inverter units I loved that little generator and really miss having that little guy. Yeah dont ever try to connect these with an inverter generator; very bad baaadd things will happen. LOL.

https://www.harborfreight.com/collections/predator-generators/jobsite/4375-watt-gas-powered-portable-generator-with-co-secure-technology-epa-59207.html

1 Like

Matt, I have been looking at that WEN generator for a long time. It appears that you can only use 120 or 240 voltsā€“not both at the same time, if Iā€™m not mistaken. That aspect of it bothers me.

2 Likes

I think its bad translation. Dont make any sense once so ever that it cant produce 120volt while out putting 220.

I came to that conclusion by looking at the control/outlet panel. There is a switch with two positions. Maybe the switch is just for changing the large outlet from 120 to 240. I see now that the right position has 120/240 and the left position 120. What do you think?

That switch is for RV output out of that 220 outlet. In 220 volt it will still output 110 volt through the 110 outlets. Our 9500ā€™s have this same feature

1 Like

That is good. Do you think it would have enough power to start a 1 hp water pump when powered by charcoal?

Dont know. I have not ran one much on any wood gas. I like them for gasoline running, They just are not enough power running wood gas.

2 Likes

Running this engine on wood gas is more of a test than something I want to use for a long time, as it is pretty small.

2 Likes

Hi Eugene,
That was my approach too, start small and simple, then tackle bigger stuff. I was able to stat on gasoline, then run on charcoal. I did this by leaning the mixture screw as the chargas came in stronger until it was totally on chargas. I didnā€™t feel the need for a blower or any kind of electric start. I donā€™t know if you can get to your mixture screw. That would be my first question.
Rindert

6 Likes

I have decided to transition to using A keith gasifier for this project, any tips?

1 Like

Eugene
I suggest you look carefully at Toneā€™s tractor in Tractor with gas? thread. He has come up with a nozzle low in the grate area that I think will prevent many problems.
Rindert

5 Likes