Life goes on - Summer 2016

Time for a new thread… Continuing the discussion from Life goes on - Winter 2015

Carry on!

3 Likes

Thank you Chris the sooner it gets here the sooner I will be picking up my truck.
Bob

3 Likes

Wayne, you sure do attract a lot of edg-u-ma-cated folks. Seems like they would have given you an honorary degree by now.

4 Likes

Morning Andy.

Maybe they will associate joining the DOW with wining their big basketball game yesterday . ( Middle Tennessee State University )

4 Likes

The tax man has been appeased for another year… :cold_sweat:

Reminds me of the Monty Python bit. “We demand… another shrubbery!”

5 Likes

I did my first demo day at 5th wheel training on Saturday.

My son came along and got to play on some of the equipment. He even got to drive a semi around our yard. Seems he really like it.

9 Likes

Today’s local news:

The local power company decided to replace their atvs and snowmobiles with a carbon neutral employee.
High speed fiber internet and power cables are his areas of expertise.

4 Likes

Technically speaking, horses are far from carbon-neutral… Large herbivores (plant eaters) produce a lot of methane which is much more potent of a greenhouse gas as CO2.

3 Likes

True about the methane, but still carbon-neutral as long as we feed them Wayne’s hay :smile:

2 Likes

I never saw an operator look at his snowmobile or ATV as fondly as this operator looks at his equipment.

Wow was that unusual to find another person named Olson over there TomC

1 Like

How common is the name smith in North america?

Olsen (Olson and similar) is one of the 10 most common

3 Likes

Yes Arvid I was just funning JO. We have a whole clan of loggers here in Crivitz, with the name Olson.TomC

3 Likes

Horses aren’t ruminant animals, so actually their methane production is negligible.

http://articles.extension.org/pages/44740/what-is-the-carbon-footprint-of-a-horse-compared-to-an-automobile

The move is very green then. However, horses are ultimately fueled by the sun, and require a significant portion of agricultural land for feed and pasture. If widely employed again there will be a pinch point between population growth and food supplies. We’ve effectively been eating fossil fuels for a century, and have forgotten that reality.

Regards,

Garry Tait, Manitoba

5 Likes

Granddaughter visiting. Watching a very familuar V10-truck on the pad.

11 Likes

Hello JO

Fine looking young lady in the foreground , rough looking character on the pad .

Just shut the V-10 down and hopefully for the day , I am beat .

5 Likes

Happy Easter to all.

Not yet daylight but I have already had a good breakfast with plenty grits and chicken eggs. Also about to put the fire to the Sunday wood burner and drive into town to socialize and catch up on local news .

BBB

7 Likes

Happy Easter.

(this is enough to make 20 characters).

4 Likes

“The bones of Muhammad are in Medina, the bones of Confucius are in Shantung, the cremated bones of Buddha are in Nepal. Thousands pay pilgrimages to worship at their tombs which contain their bones. But in Jerusalem there is a cave cut into the rock. This is the tomb of Jesus. IT IS EMPTY! He died, physically and historically. He arose from the dead, and now sits at the right hand of God.” Happy Easter.

10 Likes

Happy Ishtar day and happy spring!

3 Likes

Amen. To that brother. He Has Risen. A long long time ago.
Bob

3 Likes