Life goes on - Summer 2017

Busy busy here too… actually a change coming on the job front, I’ll be home every night and not driving all over creation. These fine folks need some office help: https://earthtoolsbcs.com/

This means… yes… back to some woodgas, at long last.

Everything in its season. Amen Steve!

12 Likes

Those are cool machines they are made by the same company that makes pasquali tractors. My pasquali 988 is all apart now in the middle of a complete overhaul.

Wow. Good deal, working near-local with good folks.
I just look over their garden hand tools . . . again.
They have expanded well into quality tools there too.
Hint at offering Christmas-gift specials to warm winter looking-forward blues.
Regards
tree-farmer Steve unruh

4 Likes

Pasquali, Ferrari and BCS walk-behind tractors are all the same, yes. Just different colors. They used to be different manufacturers until BCS purchased them around the year 2000.

2 Likes

Mine is actually the 4 wheel drive from the 80s. But I have a friend who is nuts about the walk behind tractors.

That is the most complete photo I have at the moment. From before I pulled the motor and the rest of the loader frame.
I have to rebuild the motor and the transmission plus check the rearend so it will be a complete overhaul. But that little tractor is a beast it will pull amazing loads and burns almost no diesel fuel in the process. One of the most efficient machines I have ever used.
Anyway just wanted to say how cool those machines are.

8 Likes

does anyone remember the walk behind hay roller? Made tiny little rolls you could pick up by yourself. Only saw them for a short time and then they all seem to have disappeared. Don’t even know who made it. But I wish I could find such a machine to make hay off of small areas of grass.

The link chris posted above includes a picture of the walk behind tractor with hay baler. Seems all you need is the monetary remuneration to own one.

2 Likes

Yeah, we sell those too. They are not cheap.

https://earthtoolsbcs.com/implements-haymaking/roundhaybaler/

3 Likes

A yearly photo of my girls in the greenhouse. Cukes off the vine, playing in dirt, planting some fall greens.

12 Likes

Chris in my experience nothing about haying is cheap… lol

Just mowed some more ground if I am extremely lucky I can get this and the hay that got soaked in rain the other day off before the rain comes Tuesday. Not much choice at this point I just have to mow every chance I get and hope for the best. I really need to sell the hay I have up already and get enough off the poorer quality ground that is left to feed my beef cows. This has been the wettest summer I can remember making it impossible to hay.
Sure has made the garden grow though. Of course now I am harvesting the garden while trying to hay and get a couple of cows processed for customers. Man life is buys. I will loose half the day tomorrow picking up and delivering beef. Not complaining just wish the beef didn’t have to be done during the haying season but haying has dragged on this year.

thanks andy. Chris, what does “not cheap” mean? could you give me a rough idea what they cost. and the tractor part as well.? I will call them if you don’t know. Just thought you might off hand. Thanks

CAEB Round Hay Baler

Item 200.00.000-B (fits BCS 732 - 948) $9995 $8900
(requires additional accessories to fit BCS 750, 948 or Grillo G131)
Item 200.00.000-G (fits Grillo G85d [10hp] - G110) $9995 $8900
Gathering wheels for baler (Item GATHWH) $499 $475
Dual wheels for baler (Item DUALWH) $350 $325
Roll of net wrap for baler (Item ET NETWRAP) $85 $75
That is near the bottom of the link Chris posted

3 Likes

You can say that again!!

The picture shows $600 of mower parts and some are plastic. Plus 300 miles ( wood miles ) of driving :cry:

IMG_0201

6 Likes

Well all I can say is be glad your mower doesn’t have green paint… my 930 moco is the only green thing I have and I dread when it breaks. Those green parts cost atleast twice as much. It is one of those deal where I wish I hadn’t gotten it but I paid less then scrap price and it fit on the load comming with everything else… ofcourse for all the work I have done… oh well it runs nice now thankfully. Good luck getting your mower back together.
My baler knotters got side play last year something I had never seen before. I didn’t give it any thought at the time. Till I heard a loud bang and one knotter broke in two. I ended up having to replace both knotters and everything on the shaft that holds the knotters. That was $3,000 for my NH baler. But man she doesn’t miss a Knott now…
Lucky for me nothing has broken soo far this summer… maybe this will be my first summer without a major breakdown and I can spend my repair budget fixing up a couple of old tractors I have been getting by without.

Hello Dan ,
I dealt with the green paint issue last week!!

I had to replace a couple of small 90 degree water hose 3/4 inch and about as long as your thumb that puts water to the oil cooler on my JD. I tried for a while to substitute but they were in a very tight spot and I had to bite the bullet . $20 bucks each . Seems like they made it almost impossible to substitute on purpose .

2 Likes

When I have to buy green parts I go online there is a dealer out of Indian I think that comes up when you search by part number. It is cheaper and faster for me to have then ship me parts then to get them at the dealer closest to me in maine. But yes I think their parts are gold plated by the price. I got soo mad the last time I was at the dealer I told him no thanks I will pay a machine shop to make it first even if it is the same price atleast I know where my money went. That time I saved about half the jd price to boot.
But yes they must try to make it non standard on purpose. I run into the same types of supply problems on my old AC parts they don’t like supporting that brand too much either as it is soo old and out of production. But I still love the old tractors from the late 50s early 60s they just run forever and are soo simple. Oh well i have about 70 bales left to offload guess I better get back to work I will need the trailer tomorrow.

Yep, the baler is about $9000. The tractor it goes on would be about 4-5000, depending on which one you get.

These are incredibly well built and durable machines… for most folks its the last small engine you’ll ever need to buy.

4 Likes

Surplus Center has small work lights, some damage, for about $4. Take offs for about $6 and new for about $8. Part number starts at 12-1037.

How come they have extra high shipping charges ? ? Ouch !

http://www.surpluscenter.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=12-1037

“Expensive” = “Dyr” in Swedish. We call them “John Dyr” :smile:

6 Likes

Surplus center is dangerous… everytime I order there I tend to find I have a new project or a modification to a project…
But man the hydraulics I added to my old tractors sure has been handy.

That is a surplus center project on one of my tractors from a few years back. The entire hydraulic system was added to that loader tractor. On the left you can see a ball valve between the two disconnects that valve allows me to divert the flow of the hydraulics to a attachment so I can add something that always has flow. This is awesome for a wood splitter you never have to fight with the valve on the tractor tripping out on you. Of course that required I add a pressure bypass to the entire system incase you forget to open the valve when you unhook it. Forward of that on the left is a single valve that raises the 3 point hitch. On the right is a joystick to control the loader and a set of dual remotes setup so you just drop your hand from the joystick and the remotes are right there. On of the remotes is plumbed in parallel to the back of the tractor and to the front of the loader so I can use it as a remote on the loader or the back of the tractor. That tractor is setup with my grapple for haying so that remote closes the hooks that hold the bales.
I have a similar setup on my other tractor I hay with minus the loader joystick.
I am planning an order for the pasquali I am rebuilding right now. I am trying to limit the modifications on this tractor to fit on the small size of the tractor and also to use a lot of spare parts I have from my case ingersoll 448 parts tractors. In the past I didn’t want to take apart those parts tractors because I had dreams to repair them or build something else out of them. This year I have been focusing on how to use what I have to build what i want or need. I think on the pasquali the modifications will be limited to replacing the single ended hydraulic valve that runs the 3 point hitch with a dual hydraulic valve from my case 448 so I can have a single rear remote and maybe modifying the hydraulic cylinder to be dual action on the 3 point hitch so I have down pressure, that is very useful. The hydraulic oil got too hot with the loader so I am adding a intercooler and replacing the broken oil tank with one off the case 448. That and adding some lights to the pasquali so I can actually see at night and be seen when I cross the road. I am sure there are alot of other things I could do for modifications but I am trying to keep this one simple… I want to setup the pasquali so I can haul a dump trailer and also run a wood splitter. Then it will become my go anywhere wood getting tractor as it is small and will climb over anything in the woods meaning almost no road is needed. I wanted to build something like that out of the case ingersoll 448 garden tractors before I bought the pasquali to clean out my barn.

3 Likes