Life goes on - Winter 2020

Friends, today my TV is talking about bad news from the United States … I sincerely hope that politicians will take common sense and will not allow the example of democracy on planet Earth to fall to the level of third world countries, where Ukraine has been located for more than a hundred years, where corruption has brought it.:cry:

6 Likes

Doesn’t matter where you live Joni. Government and corruption are the same word everywhere. I guess it’s better for this dog and pony show to be over. Already there are members in this country that are restricted from driving on wood and there are places where you are not allow to be off-grid. There will be many more restrictions now. The people that are assuming control have already stated their intentions. Things will be harder for free thinkers now.

2 Likes

Fellows this has become Political talk now.
A No-No here if we do not want to also degrade to shouting, pushing, shoving matches.
Steve Unruh

7 Likes

I have taken the unusual step of deleting some posts. This is not a punishment, just cleaning up.

Some of our newer members may not realize that we have a strict policy of “no politics”. This may be difficult to understand when we can freely discuss almost anything else. However in our experience it turns intelligent people against each other and promotes bad behavior. As Steve says, pushing shoving and shouting. If you need proof, have a look at Facebook…

We are here to discuss woodgas. Please refrain from commenting on current events, and keep your political views to yourself. Thanks!

14 Likes

Thanks for this Only Human channel WilliamB.
Something I’ve been able to share with my Nursie wife home from a hard day.
She is loving this.
Regards
Steve unruh

1 Like

I guess I fit in that group, thanks for the clarification.

I thought that young girl was amazing ! to have that amount of talent and skill and to make my old eye’s think that what she had painted looked more like a blown up picture just incredible

1 Like

I wanted to lift the gloom a bit.
The thing that I see as important about the girl whom paints; She started with NO instruction.
Here is another example of a girl who decided one day that she wanted to sing. She picked out some songs and, started singing. No instruction.

3 Likes

I don’t much care for opera music but she is amazing!

4 Likes

Underpopulation may be the bigger problem for most of the developed world. Japan, Europe and especially China with their male/female imbalance are in serious trouble with not enough babies to sustain their economies. Rich people have fewer kids. There will not be enough grandkids to pay for our stimulus checks that Big Brother is borrowing from their future. “While the global population of humans will continue to rise for at least another forty years, demographic trends in full force today make it clear that a much bigger existential threat lies in global underpopulation.” The Underpopulation Bomb

All I will say is a $600 stimulus check isn’t the problem with the debt. The federal government before that round of stimulus passed had given the equipment of $32,000 per each American citizen out in pandemic response to corporations. It is pretty easy to see which had a bigger impact on the debt peoblem. Arguable the solution isn’t more people but fewer handouts to corporations.

1 Like

Here’s the thing about the painting girl. She is home schooled so she doesn’t have to go to a school and be told that her genus is making the other kids look bad and hurting their feelings. Also her parents are not forcing her to learn a state monitored curriculum designed to make her a good little sheep. Don’t know how they are getting away with that though. We can’t tolerate exceptional people. They just make the rest of us dumb asses look bad. Well sometimes they make driverless cars that drive you into a wall.

1 Like

Well fellows we do seem to keep falling into a hole of expressing out own personal single issue Hates.
And I, no better than anyone else. Been guilty of this too.

I think we all just need to take a step back even if the Off Topic (of woodgas for power) gives some liberties.

Often times it is best to let a fellow vent a little and then just let it lay.
Regards
Steve Unruh (thinking about going onto that Covid-19 topic and doing some stripping back of my own too-Louds, too-Strongs)

3 Likes

My mother-in-law made this for me cause she knew of my love of dogs and hunting. Count the stitches from someone I was supposed to dislike and not trust who taught me so much. Much like the family I have met ( or not met but still respect) here. Let’s get back to what is really important mutual respect after all like it or not we are an international family with all it’s flaws.

By the way it’s one of my most cherished possessions.
She died in early 2019

7 Likes

And a more fair wage too working men and women according too inflated pricing, going on from all the teirifs reactions.

1 Like

Would love to have good words and see only good things in the world, however…

Lets all keep on the hat of DOW, the one and only that counts… as i do have respect for each and all of the builders and posters on this forum…

Love you all, stay safe and healthy for a loooooong time…

4 Likes

I’m hoping for a productive 2021 with plenty of projects to keep the mind young healthy and active, and to be able to watch everyone from around the globe eating as many lemons as they are able too :grinning:
Dave

5 Likes

Just a short clip of my pigs playing with their hay the other day to remind us all of the simple Joy’s in life.

7 Likes

Daughter-in-law, Elizabeth is introduced to a family tradition at our house. The recipe for this taffy was purchased by my great-great grandmother for $10 around 150 years ago. Elizabeth is carrying a little one who will be the sixth generation to experience this delightful diversion from winter doldrums.

9 Likes

A personal anthem for these times.

2 Likes