Life goes on - Winter 2021

Merry Christmas from my house to yours. Today’s daily devotional concluded with these words: “The birth of Christ brought God to man, but it took the cross of Christ to bring man to God.” If we celebrate Christmas for the right reasons, it will always be a good Christmas. May God bless you today and into the new year.

10 Likes

I’ve always wanted to keep ducks. I have a large pond that they can relax in. I’d be afraid of them migrating away though but I don’t want to clip their wings.

3 Likes

Feeding cows Christmas day

13 Likes

Some well trained cows and dogs you have Wayne, not crowding up on you while kicking the bale loose. Fella I use to do farm work I would use his pc75 komatsu mini excavator to haul the bails in and his jersey cows would be after the bale before I got it over the darn fence. You can tell you spend time around then how well they behaved compared to many cows I have been around

4 Likes

That was the safest way I have seen anyone operate a tractor out in the field alone. Your dogs are very well trained by voice communication. Did I see Heeler and Australian shepherd breed?
The old wood burner tractor still plugging along. Thanks for the morning workout feeding the cows. Happy holiday wishes to you all. No snow on the ground nice.
Bob

7 Likes

All smiles Wayne. Good dogs are one of life’s greatest pleasures.

A song for folks like us.

6 Likes

Playing in the snow

8 Likes

Where are the chains for all 4 of the tires or at least the front 2 ?
Bob

1 Like

No chains just real aggressive mud terrain tires aired down to 10psi. I should make up a set though now you mention it…

4 Likes

A friend of mine Rudy from the Westside pulls his 30 foot trailer over Steven’s Pass to Wenatchee and up to Mission Ridge at 4800 feet at the lodge parking lot. Most every weekend.
We both are Training Director Instructors. We teach people how to be instructors. I am retired now at 69. He called me the old man when I took up Snowboarding at 45 years old. But I have been skiing since I was 15 years old. By the time I was 53 I was a TD with him. Lol. Now he is 53. Wow how time flies.
He just chains up his Dodge 4×4 diesel and pulls it in weather I would not try. He even has chains for the trailer. That truck of his is a beast of a pulling rig. Chains are the way to go when going into the snowy mountains.
Bob

3 Likes

Proper truck chains go a long ways offroad, but I have always had great luck with off road tires. Slinging iron on the side of the road is no fun at all, I did a stint as a big rig mobile tire guy and having careless people flying by at 60 mph… Nah not for me. Still happenes in the hills to, had a guy in a Subaru pass me doing about 40mph. West side drivers are just plain scary, east siders are very certeous and mellow by comparison in my experience

6 Likes

Do you have gas on a petrol-powered tractor or a diesel-powered tractor?

1 Like

Good morning Jan.

Yes I have wood capabilities on a gasoline powered tractor .

Right now I have the gasifier off the tractor and am running it on gasoline .

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/3/3/331-international-harvester-444.html

4 Likes

Ok, my first tractor was an IH 275 b, a small agile tractor.
I will go and look at some old tractors, a Volvo T25 petrol and a Fergusson 35 diesel, both have front loaders ferguson has a cab, easier to find spare parts for ferguson and it is in better condition, am a little unsure which one suits me best

3 Likes

Boy is it quite on this forum at 11:15 am. Sunday morning my Washington state USA time.
Is everyone playing with their new toys or what. Next holiday stop is New Years for us all.
Coldest day of the year for us 21 °f with a wind chill down into the single numbers.
Bob

5 Likes

Hello Bob .

I have been out riding in the wood burner and then couldn’t think of anywhere more to go.

73 F here today with doors and windows open.

6 Likes

We are at 33f right now about 3" of snow and more coming down, potentially get down to 11f tonight. It has been very quite here, IV been shopping for winter tires to drive the wood burner next week and watching the kids build there Christmas legos

2 Likes

Wayne, when you have a Wood burner vehicle it is a DOW Christmas all year long, no matter what the weather is like.
Bob

2 Likes

Wow Marcus, that means we are going to get some more snow with the colder coming weather probably tomorrow.
Bob

2 Likes

They are saying snow and sub freezing temps for the next week, very strange for this side of the hill

2 Likes