Life goes on - Winter 2024

We had ours analyzed by someone from Duke University. I’d maybe call a local university or just Google well water testing.

3 Likes

THANKS GUYS I will have to find a possible reputable honest water tester outfit. There was a cattle farm here years ago before the land was sold in 4 accer parcels. I eat more himilayen salt then I should, its recommended to put in distilled water, I should probley buy a bottle of the liquid mineral drops off amizon recomended for distilled water drinkers, or pill forms.

5 Likes

@KristijanL , Isn,t it about time we get an update about what is going on in Slovenia?

9 Likes

LOOKS like a massive flood in slovenia, worse than ever had, almost as bad as all the hurricane we been getting in the southern states. IT sounds like a big peice deal in making for palistine, I don’t know if that deal is related to the peice deal mentioned in the Bible, that later gets taken away.?? THE end of times never looked closer than now days, all the crazy stuff happening on face of GODS GREEN EARTH.

4 Likes

We can sign up for a free water test, but they try to sell you like a water softener or purification system. you should also get a radon test in your basement.
If your water smells like sulfur it is bacteria. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

THANKS FOR info reply, I have old single wide trailer no basement, this area is all sand, though not sure how deep. I think my well pipe was about 30 foot deep when I pulled it out few years ago. I don’t think I smell sulfur, I should have it tested probley though.

3 Likes

What you are looking for is probably nitrites and old pesticides. I think a carbon filter can pull that stuff out.

5 Likes

My well has rusty steel well casing( if i ever have to have pump pulled I’ll install a pvc casing with bentonite) so i have a washable filter and then a carbon filter before pressure tank. I really need a water softener but anit talked myself into it yet.

4 Likes

We dealt with that in Dad’s camper when he was living out of it for a year. Had to sanitize the whole water system including the water heater. He used the tank system in the winter so he wouldn’t freeze the garden hose at night. I don’t think that toy hauler ever had it’s tank sanitized. It was odd he only smelled it from the hot water, maybe it just made the smell more “effervescent”.

It was a tossup between actual sulphur being in the groundwater or bacteria, there’s a few sulphur springs in the area that used to be touted for medicinal properties.

6 Likes

Sodium softened water is not optimal for plants. It’s a small amount of sodium but accumulates in the soil after a while. It’s banned in some states to avoid ground water contamination. Risks to your health are reportedly minimal but I would avoid it and we have water so hard you have to chip it out of the faucet.

11 Likes

Thanks that makes sense

4 Likes

To add on top of it, mom was essentially strong armed and fast talked by Culligan to add a salt water softener. We hated it and didn’t even use it a whole year. Made the water slimy. I’ll take my mineral spring water and deal with the lime scale later.

9 Likes

If you aerate a sulfur well with a misting nozzle it will stop the smell. I just did this with a stinky well on my farm. I used a nozzle from an old pump-up sprayer. In 3 days smell was gone.

12 Likes

My old house had a drilled well something like 280 feet deep and 165 gallons per minute capacity but it was full of sulfer. I would have to dump a gallon of bleach down it about once a year to clear the sulfur smell. And even at that you couldn’t make coffee with it because it was nasty for coffee.

9 Likes