Lookee what followed me home today

Not all that impressive, but I picked up an induction hotplate and 8 quart cuisinart pot for 30 bucks from goodwill. I wanted a burner that I could control the temperature. It isn’t precise according to the thermometer, I suspect it depends on the pan, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the thermometer was off. Now I can more easily finish off syrup and after a bit more temperature testing maybe make candy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This sickle bar mower followed me home today, or more correct it showed up on my property, i got it as payment for some tractor parts, but hadnt suspected free delivery :smiley:

This International harvester was horse drawn from the beginning, as much horse equipment it was converted for tractor use, which was common on Swedish small farms.
Fits me perfect, i intend to use it after my Ferguson, mowing some road-sides.
I’ve already got a pto-powered three-point sickle bar, but those who tried them after a fergie, with clutch controlled pto knows what i mean, works good on a field, but roadside, scary fast, and wide enough a little turn on the steering wheel, the outer end of the bar throws 1,5meters.

13 Likes

Do you have long reins for the Fergie, Göran?

8 Likes

I’m trying to picture myself bouncing around on that seat with nothing to hang on to. Not enough imagination. I know folks like patina. I’d drive my self crazy trying to get that rust off and get it all painted. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

Well, wife and i haven’t quite came up with a agreement, whos drive or ride behind :smiley:

8 Likes

On cast-iron rust is an “anti-rust” by itself :joy:

6 Likes

Promise her, it is hers to drive always, as long as she promises to always do all the cutting. Then add hydraulics. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Score of the year I think.

At least for this financial quarter.

There were a few VERY expired LPG tanks at work. I asked the head Handyman if I could take them home. They weren’t leased out and they no longer use carbon steel tanks so he said sure.

6 Forklift tanks, some older than me. They’ve been sitting chained up next to the propane fill-up station.

20lb tank for comparison.

Now I just need to get a good way to fill these with water to purge the gas.

Maybe it helps that my 1st cousins own the warehouse.

16 Likes

HY cody nice steel score-them are above average steel tanks-i think they have oxidation resistant than regular old metal sheet.YOU think them are 30 or 40 pound tanks- They are sure more useable than the 20 pounders. Steel prices has been rising too high-stack them baby’s up-or are they going to be used for burn tubes for wood gas or charco gas maker on the horizon. I WOULD just take the valves off and then you can fill them with water and then cut the tops off most the way around.

6 Likes

Yeah I just need to put a lot of kroil or ATF/acetone mix on the threads to bust these valves off.

These are definitely going to be gasifier parts.

6 Likes

I vote long pipe over the end :slight_smile: (not that my vote counts for anything.)

This looks about the safest and least janky solution I have seen.

8 Likes

I’ve done it with 20lb and 100lb tanks and works well, I think these forklift tanks will be a challenge because the handles are shaped different. Though it looks like they have socket head pieces. Just need to get one bit off to fill with water.

4 Likes

You may have to beat on it with a heavy hammer too loose the treads if you dont need the valves, if you caint get it - or hammer on a wrench -since how too hold the tank while using a wrench and pipe. I gess the fun part .

5 Likes

Holding it down is the easy part, I ratchet strap the tank to a hickory tree.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a nice score :smile:
And a lot of gasifiers too but one never knows what they could be used for until the idea springs up.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t bust my butt getting those valves off. I’d just drill a half inch hole in the tank with a water drip to scare away any sparks.

4 Likes

Got the safety valves off, slowly filling the tanks up with water now. Two of them had a little bit of gas, a real shame to find that out too late. The gauges lied to me. The rest were dead empty

9 Likes

THATS a bummer loose propane ,the price of pertro theses days- I got my hay filter top fixed, i thought i had a good working clamp lid barrel top for it and time i got it all welded in, the ring destorted too much to compensate tweeking the lid, so now all three of my hopper hay filter & heat exchanger have 1/2" plate steel lids-That way not even the devil can warp them out sinc.

7 Likes

Yet another bulldozer. T-340

A 1917 South Bend lathe.

16 Likes

I saw one of those for sale around here for a couple hundred a while ago, but i have no idea what to look for at to see if they are usable or what parts are missing.

5 Likes