Thanks again Dave. The saucepan idea is a good idea.
Searching around for more information about using TLUD for making charcoal this helps explain how Rindert’s charcoal maker works. I’m not sure if I really understand it but I think the tin can chimney has the secondary burn holes/slots so it doesn’t need the double (or triple) wall like The MIDGE Gasifier Camp Stove.
Hi Marshal,
Welcome. I don’t pretend to be a great brain in gasification, but I will say its not that hard to just get an engine running.
I have this ancient Gillette 3000 watt generator. I finally made something out of an old pipe.
The one thing I did right was learn to make good charcoal first. My neighbor has a decripit old apple tree that he said I could have all the dead stuff from just for cutting it off and getting rid of it. So I started making charcoal for my barbque. I make pretty g…
Hi Charl,
You are well on your way!
Any how, here are pictures of my afterburner chimney. The idea is to let a lot of air in at the bottom of the chimney so all the smoke gets burned up. A windscreen keeps it from blowing out. And Bobmack is right, the smoke from wet wood just won’t stay lit.
Rindert
[DSCN3404]
[DSCN3405]
[DSCN3406]
Well, from what I can see this is not a tlud and would not make a rich, flammable smoke. So adding secondary air would not create a secondary burn. With a tlud all of the primary air is forced to go through the stack of burning fuel. This creates an oxygen starved environment and therefor a rich smoke that will burn when oxygen is added to it.
Rindert
1 Like