Metal 5 gallon bucket source

Where do y’all find your metal 5 gallon buckets other than buying new? Seems like most everything is in plastic buckets but I thought I’d ask in case I’m missing something obvious. I’d like to be able to find some for some different projects like a Keystone stove or some small charcoal gasification for a generator.

Thanks

4 Likes

Hello Daniel.

Some of the metal 5 gal buckets I have around here are used ones from buying paint ( Thomson water seal ) and roofing tar or asphalt

6 Likes

Find a local iron worker, all of there metal nuts and bolts usually come in metal buckets with lids seals and lock bands

4 Likes

Like Wayne said. Waterproofing buckets. Thomson’s, Behr. Marcus is right as well but those buckets are generally beat to hell by the time they are empty.

5 Likes

I had a local source. My Brother-in-law worked for a company called Silberline in Decatur. They manufactured fine aluminum powder, used for paint pigments, and other more exciting things. They unfortunately closed their local plant, and pulled back to their Pennsylvania plant. I brought a few to Argos a couple years ago, now gone, sorry!!
They got rid of the dented / damaged containers. They all had some dings, most still useable. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes