Motorcultivator with chargas

Preparing enaugh charcoal or even wood for dayly drive to work can indeed be a chore. But small machines like this hardly burn any charcoal at all. On my bcs the hopper is 10l (2.5 gal) and thats enaugh for more thain a hour of work.

12 Likes

Very few people anymore seem to want to put any effort into living. They want fuel out of a pump, food off a shelf. If they exercise at all they stand on a treadmill or work some weird looking machines at the gym with a television blaring propaganda programming in the background. It makes me very sad.

16 Likes

Driving to the gym, paying the membership, doing all those boring monotonous exersises, then make fun of guys like me who still prefer a hoe instead of herbicide and an axe instead of a log spliter… that seems to be the story of the modern man.

14 Likes

In theme with what you three have recently said . . .
We now have decent enough records for 4000 years that this is just not a modern man problem.
“A Life Made Easy” has proven detrimental to those inflicted with it for this whole time. Phoenicians, Egyptians, Hindu, Chinese elites; to the newest in Loma Linda California (one of five declared Blue-Zones) NOT practicing Adventist. And with all of the societies in-between these.
Never curse your children with a Life made-too-easy. A life without work and risks. Self-potentualized rewards.

The truly Modern situation is that for a time easy is made the Normal.
It is not the historic normal.
Meaningful work. Purposes pursued. And someone to love. Be loved by. These are the basic building blocks of a good life.

For 220 years there has been sold two compeating theories: All things/Everything is limited so must be close held, and dribbled out when used.
The other that possibilities/resources are endless. Only limited by our ingenuity to develop them.
These are both, right. And these are both, wrong.

The more you love, and are loved the more love that grows and exists.
Your time on this earth IS limited, though. Don’t shorten squander it away. Don’t obsess lenghting it at the expense of others, and your own daily/weekly/monthly happiness.

You/we all must learn to say, No! in this made too easy modern world.
Say instead: Never asked for it. Don’t need it. Don’t want it. Could not afford it, even if I did.
This is how to counter the immersion programming now of creating in you of: I see IT. I Want it. I Need it. You Owe it to me. It should have been Mine all along.

Body sweating out results. Brain sweating out accomplishments. These are the real. Live real lives.
Steve Unruh

13 Likes

Couldnt agree more Steve. Hard times make hard men, hard men make good times, good times make soft men, soft men make hard times… we probably all know where we are now…

15 Likes

steve and kristijan…completely right…
my son has created a proverb:
digital turns back to neandertal…

8 Likes

wp_20115

water tank, for the nozzle

15 Likes

Wow that is one nice piece of art you have there Giorgio .

Dave

10 Likes

sour cucumber time…in italy also some dogs do woodgas flaring…

9 Likes

ex gasoline tank bekomes a horse hair filter, up is the safety filter…

9 Likes

13 Likes

14 Likes

Six legged dog. Must have been eating GMO cucumbers. Reminds me of an old joke. Two drunk guys sitting in a bar arguing about what is the meanest animal. The one guy is insisting that it is either the grizzly bear or the wolverine. Nah, the other guy says. no question it’s the lionoceros. What in the hell is a lionoceros the other drunk demands. Well he has a lions head on one end and a rhinoceros head on the other. The one drunk thinks about it for a while and than says, a lions head on one end and a rhinoceros head on the other? Well, where do he shit? The second drunk replies. What do you think makes him so mean?

I really like the cover set up and clamping devises on your filters, giorgio.

10 Likes

today first run of the new downdraft gasifier with water cooled nozzle

test run for one hour…
good gas available after a few minutes…very qick…
starts immediately with the first strike
at the end of the hour have tested if runs well also idling, to see if the gas quality becomes worst in idle, but no problem…
water consumption is very small , the nozzle produces a good quantity of steam what could be added in the primary air…

22 Likes

What a work of art Giorgio as always spot on in design and build .cant wait if you have a video lurking for us somewhere .
Dave

13 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

dave, with our bad internet connection i cannot load up videos, sorry, but instead video some pictures for all forum friends from today…we tried the plow on the field, the ground was a bit wet, but works fine…
some comments to the pictures:
–ignition of the gasifier…if there is a good glow nest, than poking the reduction area with a stick, than complete filling…this is the fastest way to get quickly good gas…
–the water coole nozzle keeps up very well,
–spark plug very clean but has a bit oil on it…from the age of the motor…in the background 3 little clinkers after one hour motor running
–hand blower
–best weather…
–ignition timing disc
–plow on work
–clean out of the gasifier through the outer and inner cleaning port

impressive starting the 550 ccm acme motor, starts immediately , beautiful sound, the whole grond- the floor stones are vibrating

another notice…there was no heat damage in the hearth and reduction area, though the reduction is made from 1 mm stainless sheet…

also the horse hair filter in the ex gasoline tank works very well with his larger volume as i have on my mower…

17 Likes

@giorgio Is your horse getting fat now that you have a good running replacement?

11 Likes

Another masterpiece Giorgio :+1:
Looks fantastic.

10 Likes