My little quail farm

How are the quail doing Don?

6 Likes

Marcus, I am down to about 18 birds now because my freezer is full of meat and we get more eggs than we can use. They are easy keepers and I could double or triple the amount of birds in a short time if I wanted because they hatch out in 18 days and mature in 6 weeks. The only downside is I can’t let them free range so I have to buy the feed.

14 Likes

I’ve spent the last 4 days watching quail raising videos and reading, I may get into them next once my rabbitry is established and running and producing meat. I already have I think 5 buyers lined up for meat and quail I think would be another easy selling but I need to sit down and math out what feed cost would be and incubator

14 Likes

I get males for free from a friend that haches them. Thats good eating. But like Don sayd only downside is they cant forrage.

One once escaped me and l found it in the bush nearby probably like close to a month later, skin and bone literaly, but alive. I dubt he even tryed to find some food.

10 Likes

iv selected the farm im going to order eggs from, deciding on a incubator right now and after the rabbits kindle in a few days ill build out a hutch system. bummer to not be able to forage well, but good clean meat is getting harder and harder to come by these days so ill gladly raise it myself to keep quality food in the house for the family

12 Likes