My TSI Machines

I want one of those mule thingy’s that would be cool

1 Like

Anyone have any details on building tracks like these?

2 Likes

They kinda look like the old cleated snowmobile tracks Al. They would have to be spliced to get them that long. The cleats are just riveted to flat belting. you would need bigger than snowmobile tabs welded on the inside to keep them tracking on tires while turning. I have plenty here I would give away to anyone wanting to build a set. I had a guy give me a trailer full. I use them for mats driving over wet areas. I have enough for about 100 yards x2

2 Likes

Thanks Jim, wonder what shipping would be? Where do you live? Are they very heavy?

Baler belting might also work. Of course there is also chain and strap.

Then there is this design:

1 Like

Al Check out “tracked vehicles” on youtube. There are quite a few examples. Some of them take a tractor tire and cut the sidewalls out and us just the tread. I took care of the cross country ski groups tracked vehicles that they used to groom the ski trails. They were just belting material with cross bars bolted on. The cross bars did have two small right angle pieces welded to the bars — as the bar went over the tire one angle was on the outside of the tire and the other was on the inside of the tire. The triangles were mounted so that the point of the base and the hypotenuse sides were pointing into the tire. That allowed the track to pull off center a bit with out gouging into the tire. The tire could just kind of ride up on the slope and force the track back into alignment The bars were spaced to fit in the cogs of a rubber drive gear…TomC

3 Likes

This is an ELL track for skid steers. OTT is over tire track.

3 Likes

This is my favorite. Maybe a bit what TomC is refering to.

6 Likes

Darn you guys that post youtube stuff. At the end of what you post there rare always more suggestion of stuff they think we might want to see. After watching the above posting I had to go on and watch about another hour and a half of you tubes that were suggested. Past my bed timeTomC

8 Likes

Tom, same here. Just got back to DOW.
Keep on Gasifiing. Bob

3 Likes

Yup, youtube is almost as adictive as gasification :smile:

5 Likes

Al I am in NW WI. 50 miles south of Duluth MN. Where are you? I try to make it out east every spring around Argos time. Maybe earlier this year and make Argos a separate trip. Taking 10 days away from home Argos time the past 2 years has not been good for my food production.

1 Like

I am in northern WV near Fairmont

I am guessing the weigh 30-40 lbs each and you would need 5 to six depending on wheelbase and tire diameter.

1 Like

Would you be willing to get rid of 6 of them, and ship? if so let me know how much. no hurry, thanks Al

1 Like

PM sent as to not jack Jeff’s thread,

Don’t worry about the tread because I enjoy the side information and who knows where it will lead.

Anyhow just got my 50 live black willow stakes planted. Seems to be a good time of the year to plant. Found a nice wet spot, just pushed right in by hand.

4 Likes

Been a long time since I had the time for this project. The weather wasn’t too bad when I got in the shop. When I opened the door, on my way to belly up to the feed table, it was a major winter storm…! I said 50 mph winds but the weather man says 38 mph…

Anyhow, the steering has been a real head scratcher and this is what I have so far. Wouldn’t surprise me if it fails in the field but it’s all I got right now.

Sorry for the poor video…! :scream:

4 Likes

No wood gas, yet, just and old engine with an old and too long v belt. So I just c clamped the engine on. The engine will be moved closer to the rear when I can get the right length belt. Didn’t want to stop driving around but someone turned the sun off… :weary: still a long ways off.

5 Likes

that’s one cool contraption you have there jeff I don’t think I could be pried
off either . looks like its almost time for lights to be installed :grinning:

2 Likes