New to Gasification - Where to start?

I think i remember new members saying how they can only upload 1 photo first and then after a few more till it lets you upload as many as needed ., Try uploading just 1 pic and see how that goes
Dave

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I tried one pic without success. I’ll keep trying. J

2 Likes

Try reducing the file size. Your pics might be too much data and wont process unless you reduce the size.

4 Likes

I thought so to. I tried a couple smaller sizes. the last one is 1.32 MB. I would think that would be ok. but it wont finish processing. ?J

3 Likes

I had a photo of my new charcoal crusher, but gave up loading it weeks ago for the same reason. I didn’t used to have a problem.

3 Likes

Try copying a photo from somewhere and paste in here. You could take photo from the forum here. Just copy and re paste here and see if it uploads.

Here copy this pic. I just copied from my thread and now pasting it here.

6 Likes

well, that was fast. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You may need to size smaller than a Meg. You need to be in the Kilo Byte size not Mega Byte size

4 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks Matt, I think I found the size threshold.

5 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

Steve, I got mine below 400KB and it works. Goos luck, Joe

2 Likes

5 Likes

I take all my pictures on my phone, and use a photo compressor app. I can’t stand that my phone will take a 3MB picture and for some reason there’s no setting to take a more compressed photo.

5 Likes

Might want to go for smaller pieces inside the kiln, split them into kindling size. They’ll convert faster.

I think what helps Matt’s design is he has a stand-off to cook the wood all from below, and as the heat is leaving its heating the sides. Only has to stole it a few times.

7 Likes

Thanks Cody. Good tip on size. Heating from the bottom? Are you suggesting that the pipes I have rising up the side should be removed so the heat stays in the bottom? J

2 Likes