The workshop music

I just returned home from a road trip with a couple friends to see The Zombies at The Ryman. Rod and Colin are both in their mid 70s but they can still put on a good show. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j3vXQuq65Fo&feature=youtu.be

1 Like
1 Like

This tune popped back into my head today… Found it. :cowboy_hat_face:

The depicted garage looks a lot like mine … :rofl: :thinking:

5 Likes

With Irish on both sides of my family, this is what gets me motivated…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHMvlV0-_lk

3 Likes

Here is a good Irish band Dave. In case you weren’t familiar with them.

2 Likes

Welcome Dave! And thanks to that video I’m now ready to go watch River dancing and have a beer at the pub, even though it’s not even 6am :joy: there just something so cheerful about Irish folk style music, love it

3 Likes

Thanks. Rainy day here, so I’m cleaning up the shop, so I’m listening to the Corrs for the first time. Great music to work to!

2 Likes

I heard this on my oldies station on the way home from work.
Hmm…

I guess its true all my favourite bands are now oldies…

5 Likes

A young guy at work asked me what it was like to live in the age of the cold war.
I never thought of it as an age.
And for me it was a great time to be young, not radio active and rebellious…
( Ukraine conflict had him on edge me thinks )

So where does my mind wander in these strange days.
Ah to Black Sabath, Pink fairy’s, Gang of Four, and Motorhead.
That strange places where proto metal and proto punk met in the shadow or armageddon…

There was plant in toronoto that made guidance systems for cruise misles.
I could not find it on a map today but I met this really hot girl, got my arm twisted behind my back by an OPP goon who threw me in a truck for several hours of diesel therapy, and spent the night in a holding cell.

Ah the good old days when we did stuff about things and were home Monday morning in time for work at the widget plant…

1 Like

It is a great album. My kids are familiar with the very next song off that album. Which I may or may not sing loudly (and badly of course), when they are being brats. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Cody , if like the Carter family you might like this also .

8 Likes

That made me think of this one :grin:

7 Likes

A little Niemen with some of the guys from SBB playing back up.

And some lighthouse…
rounds out a summer day pretty good

I liked your weed song Marcus. I kind of relate more to this one though. 1967 me and the guy I was working for at his chopper shop converted two 1965 Oldsmobile Vista Cruisers into pot smuggling cars used to cross the Mexican border many times. Now If I wanted to, I can drive into town and buy weed like it was candy bars. Just not interested.

4 Likes

Good ol copper head road has been blasted over my speakers for years!

3 Likes

Hot and sunny today. I’m thinking about you poor dudes that have to work out in this. I’d rather be cold.

1 Like

OK , I know this is Southern humor but I like it anyway

7 Likes

I’ve always heard the song as a man coming back home to find everyone he knew is gone.

1 Like