Tractor with gas?

While we take years to learn to lean how to do it right, Tone does it in the first try. Incredible. Great video work too!

Expect a visit soon, you got the woodgas bug kicking be again :smile:

13 Likes

Kristjan, I studied with the best, …:grinning:

7 Likes

WOW !!!

Tone, I nominate you to the best builder award, as well as best video producer, editor, actor - you name it. That’s a true woodgas commersial, for sure.
Only downside is you make it look so easy, most people will get disappointed when they try it themselves.

You’ve set the standard for @Woodrunner as he is preparing for his first video. Nervous Göran? :smile:

Btw, very good answers in the video to my previous questions, Tone.

Oh, and what did you do to your hair? A puff?

13 Likes

JO, I’m not worthy of such praise, … it was spring sheep shearing. :grinning:

9 Likes

tone , excellent build, my wife has seen your video tomorrow together with me and my son and would like our hanomag R460 should also drive with gas…
high school woodgassing…
i am only a elementary school chargasser till now…
a really nice plane field you have, what seed you make there?
how much ccm your traktor has…?
hay filter like wayne`s , renewable material is great…
gratulation, ciao giorgio

10 Likes

Good morning Tone .

I echo what Jan and the others have said .

You make us all proud sir.

10 Likes

Hello Mr. Wayne, I must certainly thank you in particular and also others, Kristjan, JO, Jan, Tom, Bob, Don, Steve, Kamil, Joep, Goran, Mike, Al, Rinert, Jakob, Joni, Vladislav, Sergej,. … to all of you who contribute your thoughts and experiences from which I draw knowledge, a big THANK YOU. :handshake:

12 Likes

Great job, Tone, a true work of art in many ways.

11 Likes

Yes JO, i feel the pressure :laughing:

7 Likes

Great job Tone, looks fantastic. :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello Giorgio, say hello to your wife and son and tell her to cook a little better lunch, and you will start converting the tractor, :grinning: … by the way, my Fergie has a 3-cylinder 2.3 cc engine, and in the field I plant onions, beans, peas, some tomatoes, carrots, … and in this part of the video, my son and I planted corn yesterday. Well, a filter, below is hay, in the middle fine oak planing, and on top again a layer of hay, …

10 Likes

Excellent work, @Tone. You are professional not only engineer but artist as well. Your video might compete with many advertising productions.

10 Likes

Hello Kamil, I thank you for your kind words and also to everyone else, I am just an ordinary person who admires beauty (just like JO), which you probably do too, because your activity also requires it. :grinning::rose:

10 Likes

Yesterday the tractor worked to drive a stone crusher, it worked for 2 hours, here it works at 1200-1300 rpm and here it takes about 10 kW of power, I can say that it drove this machine well, the only thing I have to mention is the throttle on the air intake, which must be more restrained than while driving. As a curiosity, I intercepted the contents from the condensation zone, half a liter, 4 dcl of acidic water and a good dcl of tar, and in front of the radiator 2dcl of water. Kristjan said if the gasifier works well, there is plain water in front, I tried that and it really is. I have a question: could diesel fuel be distilled from wood tar? :thinking:

7 Likes

Hi Tone, about fuels from tar, that is something i doing some “research” about, they made it during the war, out of tar and turpentine. Im going througt some old books about it, during the war they made diesel substitute, gasoline substitute, and lubrication oil, even motor oil out of tar. They even ran hot-bulb ignition engines directly on tar, dissolved in some methyl alcohol, or sulphite alcohol (leftovers from paper mills)
My grandpa remembered some fishermen heating the entire fuel system on the hot-bulb engine in their boat, to get the tar loosened up before starting.
Anyways i can post if i find something interesting about tar-diesel?

12 Likes

Thank you Goran, but I apologize to JO Olsson for probably thinking that I have already become more frugal than he is, but for now you have first place.:grinning::checkered_flag:

8 Likes

PLEASE DO GORAN! That sounds absolutely fascinating!

9 Likes

Tone, years ago someone on this forum commented - if you’re not handsome enough, you can always tell the ladies how cheap you are. That should do the trick :smile:
Extreemly funny (to me anyway) I will always remember.

9 Likes

This worked really well for me when meeting Dana. because 20 years ago I was handsome and also cheap. Now she might think she got cheated on this, because I am not that cheap.
Bob

10 Likes

Lol :rofl:
Per the Red Green Show " if they don’t find you handsome they should at least find you handy" …
Or something along those lines

10 Likes