Video clips from youtube

5 Likes

don’t try this at home i would say

6 Likes

How many engineers and sponsors does it take to re-invent the wheel? Apparently none of them have ever been to driveonwood.com or even studied their own history books, or the dangers of carbon monoxide?? :thinking: :cowboy_hat_face:
Poor little car! Sounds like they have already ruined the engine!!
Ferrari red to boot

5 Likes
3 Likes

Hi Koen, I do not understand the language, but I can tell it was a big fail of what they were expecting by the lack of any SWEM on his face and there are no lemons in the video. I did notice they took out the window in the back of the car, just a screen. Hope they had good across flow ventilation and ran the car with air vents open, fan on high.
Bob

3 Likes

Cant believe they blocked of the radiator for aerodynamics. Woodgas or petrol, you have to keep the radiator cool.TomC

4 Likes

I see staged gasification. Oxidation on the bottom. Some reduction at the bottom of the retortish container. Some extra O2 that would slip by the oxidation layer could crack more of the tar. There was a gasifier that ran for 10 years making charcoal. I think it was close to an updraft that the tarry gas was cracked by partial oxidation. It made charcoal and electric in a 3rd world village. The above design would be a game changer if it would be possible to gasify fire wood. Can’t wait to prototype that one
 :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi Jeff, it sure would be nice if someone could find a patent or patent pending issued and drawings in more details on this unit. A WK hopper above the retort gasifier would be a big improvement for getting rid of extra moisture and tar. It would make a very tall unit and hard to load with out a ladder or steps. Tall vehicles like a bus, high cargo truck, motor home, or trailer gasifier/genset would be more suited.
Bob

2 Likes

Not gasifier but genius wood processor

8 Likes
6 Likes

Now , that was a great video to watch
 using a compressor and obtaining more HP with gas then with benzine

2 Likes

@glgilmore gilmore need to see this video.

2 Likes

Can someone give us the gist of the video?
It did stimulate this idea: densified charcoal briquettes in a gasifier with a supercharger would be a good combination for I.C.E. power.

3 Likes

I leave the answer to Koen

3 Likes

Thanks, Francois. I watched several more videos like this, now YouTube thinks I like old videos in Finnish! :sunglasses: well actually, I do!

5 Likes
6 Likes

The clip was about research and testing the replacement of liquid fuels with gasification.
They performed tests with lorry over distance and with load.
Yes, they envised the use of densified briquettes as well.

4 Likes

great video
 some nice details about the builds of those imberts

3 Likes
4 Likes

It has been my dream to be able to get out of the car and stand in the middle of the road to read the map. Indeed, the place I want to be. And using a bow saw to cut your wood, not to mention an axe near by.

8 Likes