2024 Kentucky Woodgas Meetup

The poll is a great idea! It would at least give us a rough idea of who we can hopefully count on making it. Even with word of mouth I am certain that there will be plenty of people that will be interested in coming to experience wood gas for the first time just as I had for my first meetup.

From my point of view, if the group only has a handful of members with working units and real world knowledge able to come to the meetup, I believe we could still consider it a success.

Certainly speaking from my limited experience, even if there was only a couple people when I had shown up to Argos I would have still enjoyed myself greatly just from being able to see how the units worked and the knowledge that was available. It really was one of the most enjoyable things that I had participated in, being able to talk to like minded wonderful people that had so much knowledge and experience to offer.

There are lots of people that don’t know that they want to learn more about wood gas yet. Because they don’t know it exists unfortunately. I have only ran into a couple of people that were even familiar with the concept. But from my initial conversation with the people I’ve spoken to so far, they seem to be very interested. And it would be nice if they had the same opportunity that I had to see working units in action and to learn a little bit more as well. I am honestly shocked that there is anybody that wouldn’t be immediately curious to learn more about this technology. This sad part is that they had for the most part never had been given an opportunity to learn about it.

I know this for absolute certain. Everyone I have spoken to are more than accepting of the concept, and we absolutely will not be considered an eyesore in the background of someone else’s gathering.

3 Likes

Need some volunteers to work up a 20-ish minute presentation, to be given at the Meetup. It is a whole different environment, so some of the old schedule habits will necessarily need to be modified! :innocent:

2 Likes

Are we talking about a historical presentation? Like a history of wood gas show?

If needed, I have a fair size flat screen that I can bring up for any presentation.

3 Likes

Thomas,
I was thinking whatever woodgas subject the presenter has learned something about and/or has expertise in, like engines, making charcoal, welding, history, different filters, coolers, chunkers, materials, building methods, driving experience, trips, etc. (could be anything interesting and woodgas related.)
We have tried to do this in the past, and had a few brave souls work up a presentation.

4 Likes

Chris,
You changed something, the "“Poll” is working for me now! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would like to come but I have to know a date before I can commit, because my wife has to schedule vacation around it.

1 Like

Alrighty, i got june 13-14-15 penciled in with the fairgrounds manager. that would be a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. i can still adjust it while im getting the insurance and final approval straightened out. i can move it back or forward a little bit if needed, but this felt like around the best time. its currently scheduled in for the main building and event area at the moment. this includes the indoor building with showering facilities and kitchen as well as a small inside dining room

on a side note, the blazing bluegrass festival we hold in our county is June 2nd to June 9th. i tried to get it pretty close in case anyone wanted go to it as well, but not so close as to risk bumping heads.

10 Likes

this pic was taken from some drone footage of the area. for a little closer reference. i got more detailed pictures uploaded above of course where i went there and took some

10 Likes

Have the dates for the 2024 Wood gas Meet up already set? Hope all is well .Greetings from Belize.

4 Likes

Raul,
Thomas Foster has reserved the Whitley City, Kentucky campground facility for June 13, 14, and 15, 2024. If you go back a few posts , that is explained, and there are photographs. Good to hear from you! :smiley:

4 Likes

Just making sure that nothing has change on meet up in kentucky for june13,14 and 15 before my wife schedules her vacation

2 Likes

Hi, Randy!
No changes that I know of. The reservation is penciled in. Young Thomas has made contacts there and he is doing a great job. The larger event there, the Blazin’ Bluegrass festival. is the weekend before. Any changes and I will pass them on ASAP. We all have to make our plans far ahead these days!!

5 Likes

Yup. Nothing has changed as I am aware of. The people I’ve spoken to seem very excited with it locally

7 Likes

Thanks Mike and Thomas we may try to get in some of the blue grass as well no guarantee that my wife can get all the days she puts in for there are others with seniority but having the dates early helps Thanks again

3 Likes

Don’t forget your guitar :smiley:

3 Likes

looking forward to it and yes i will bring it Wayne

3 Likes

Finally got the VA to approve a wheelchair that’ll take pressure off my dad’s back and let him get out in public more. Hopefully I can help him get his stamina up in time that I can bring him to the next Meetup

13 Likes

Thomas, what is your father’s name I would like to pray for you all.

10 Likes

His name is Fred Foster

6 Likes

It looks like the wife and I will be coming for the Blue Grass and Wood Gas Convention the Lord willing, Her vacation got approved for both

8 Likes