Woodrunner tractor

For a long time now I’ve been using the store brand from Menard’s. Masterforce. Not really cheaper but originally they had a five year warranty and all you had to do was take it back to the store and swap it out. No hassle. They have dropped the warranty to three years now but the extended warranty is not too much and same no hassle returns.

6 Likes

That is quite the in-depth article on soot Tone.
Note that at one point they say some combustion products are not actual soot but char dust.
Note they refer to invisible in-air soot’s visibly accumulating around a solid-state AC electrical heater.

So I have come to believe that the accumulation of soot’s is somehow related to electrical charges. Not just a mechanical condition. This is different from the formation of soot’s.

Low air humidity weather and I then turn into a static electricity making Being. Cold dry artic weather we have been having; my wool socks; the Wifes love of floor carpeting, and I make one inch (28mm) electrical discharge potentials in just 5 feet of movements. Startling. Hurts. And the dogs wonder why I’ve hurt them. I tell them wait for the raining returns and I will become “nice” again.
When the youngest foster girls anger becomes unmanageable, we sent her into the shower. She calms. Then starts singing.
S.U.
S.U.

8 Likes

That is really interesting mr SteveU, i try to remember if it’s in the US Fao report there is a diagram chart of soot particle sizing, down to measurements in the lengths of microwawes? Measured in Angstrom sizing, these soot particles was easily catched by electrostatic precipitators.
This also explains the discoloring by soot around some of the electrical terminal’s on my fluoroscent tube lighting in my boiler-room.
This is a very interesting field of science, i come to think of the corona discharge-discoloring on the insulation of sparkplugs, often mistaken for leaks in the plug-base, this is especially true on engines with an exhaust leak (egr-valve for example) the soot collected are really like “lamp-black” carbon.
About electrostatics i find it entertaining, seldom occasions i got easily “charged”, my cat’s hate me, and hide away…
But i can feel your pain, that sounds really annoying, me, i only get charged once every other year.

9 Likes

Sure GorenK, you and I deal with and see the effects of movements <=> electrical potentials building up <=> magnetism every day.
Some of the American H.D. diesel engine manufactures insist that their cylinder liners coolant sides eating away is NOT mechanical cavitation but from the percussive effects of the combustion events electrical charging the cylinder surface then creating a surface bubble discharge event. Carrying cylinder metal away. Thier coolant additive is a wetting agent yes. But also to more slowly allow discharging less eventful of this made electrical potential.

IF Mr Tesla had gotten his way of over the air of electrical power distribution he would have sicken and slowly killed a lot of people. People unusually sensitive to electro-magnetism disturbances.
So instead we much more slowly weed the super sensitive out, chronic sicken and as a species move on forward.
Our dogs are mixed breed mongrels. And the endured, proven durable ones. They all have love us and are in-returned been loved. But much more less stressful the not having seizures and cancers, Purebreds.

Our former President Jimmy Carter at 92 is now finally on hospice care. Before he was a President, he was a U.S. Senator. And long before that as a young man he was a trained Nuclear plant operating engineer in the US Navy. He got sent in 1952 up to Canada with a selected crew to help disassemble an accident melted down Nuke plant core. They worked in 90 seconds rotations. Each receiving a then Lifetime dose of radiation exposures. Now consider certain death exposures.
So he’s certainly lived a long productive life, eh. Good genes. Excellent inner attitude. Probably reasonably good foods. And very little drinking.
The K-19 incident had lifelong survivors too. They the ones nurtured Grandchildren. Told the stories and wisdoms remembered. The others sicked died sooner. Or died later.

Pray you are a Durable. If not still leave a mark onto this world. In improvement forwards.
S.U.

7 Likes

That was another thing that makes sense, Scania trucks i worked on, had problem with metal eating away at the surface for the seal (o-ring) against the cylinder liners, big problem, year 2006 they changed from the common green/blue antifreeze, to the red stuff that Volkswagen uses, before that change there was no problem.
I pointed that out for some engineers, but no, who listens to a simple mechanic?
Now, working on cars, they sent me to “safety training” regarding electrical; and hybrid vehicles, there i learned that cooling system for “speed-controllers” and like for ev’s should Never be filled with green/blue coolant, sometimes the red type was recomended, or other special types. All this due to lower electrical conductivity for safety reasons.
You see how im thinking here?

8 Likes

Haven’t done a fraction of all i planned today, but i found a working angle-grinder, with a sissy-switch (stops immediately when let go of it) but zip-ties solved that :crazy_face:
I decided to weld inner and outer shell together, not the best solution, and im not confident it will work like a charm at the first attempt.
But i dont want to build a flanged unit, i wanted some kind of clamped together construction but couldnt find any good material.

Hopper and lower part with hearth are going to be easy separated, bolted together though.
I cut a piece of a 16" steel rim, it fits nicely between inner and outer parts.

15 Likes

Really, not much interesting to post, but some pic’s of the (slow) progress.

Marking for a cut of the outer shell, this lenght is going to be a “air pocket” to create a insulating barrier between the hot bottom part and the condensate gutter in bottom of hopper, to avoid re-boiling of condensate.

Inner part, this was originally heated by outgoing gas, i try keeping this standing loose in the bottom, to be able to lift it out for cleaning.

Flange, where outer shell, and Inner hopper fits together.

Welded in the other piece of the steel rim.
Upside-down wiew of hopper.

10 Likes

Goran, I’m looking at your sketch about the conversion of the imbert gasifier, and see how I see it (don’t get too angry) :grin:

11 Likes

Thanks Tone, that made my day :rofl: :joy:

Self-portrait on woodgassed Ferguson greyie

17 Likes

I knew you had an artistic soul :grinning:

10 Likes

That must be some special wood Goran. Not easy to do a wheelie with a tractor. I’m waiting for some grow lights to get delivered on a day expecting freezing rain. You guys brightened up my mood. :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

That’s that high octane Karl Gustav Oak. More Smiles to the Mile

7 Likes

Sunoco’s Race fuels new, eco-friendly Nitro-wood :smiley:

6 Likes

Woodgas dragracing, that would be some fun, enormous gasifier, supercharged, flaring of the gas in giant flare-stacks before launch to keep the gasifier red-hot, nitrous oxide fed into gasifier to push the nitrogen away…double superchargers, one for woodgas, one for air…
Sorry, home with a cold, fever and headache, seem’s my daydreaming mess up my own tractor-thread :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Goran, I am impressed by your artistic soul, this drawing would definitely be suitable for your avatar, if I look closely, I see “@” in the first wheel, a bit mischievous look, a little wild in the heart and all devoted to the power of smoke from nature. :grin::+1:

11 Likes

Thanks Tone, i believe i said before somewhere, we are all artistic here, id rather look at the beauty in a nice built gasifier, than some daub’s of paint a eccentric guy in a beret hat, has thrown on a canvas :smiley:
I wasn’t aware of that @ in the front wheel myself :hushed:

8 Likes

I think he got a hold of some of Bob’s Rocket Fuel.

8 Likes

Ha! Ha! Remember the third? Back to the Future movie with the steam train they step by step speed boosted with Doc’s colored energy-bombs. Shear Hollywood bunk for sure. Just like the Mr Fusion garbage to power maker.

But Fergie sized tractors doing wheelies is real. Lots of youtube up on that. Why modern same sized always have front bumper weights. Make the mistake of try to brake steer while up on the back two and far too easy to go sideways and roll over.

Your added gasifer Goren will make you anti-front pop up safer. (What to tell your wife.)
S.U.

10 Likes

Ha ha, yeah but one have to love those back to the future movies, if anything they has make the DMC DeLorean’s worth a lot of money, imagine one with a stainless gasifier in the trunk? :star_struck:
I’ve thought about it that way about the Fergie, good to have some extra weight, especially since i don’t have a “roll-cage” on it, and water filled rear wheels, it actually is too easy to do a wheelie, and i don’t want to end up crushed under it, when pulling logs for example.
Ofcourse, when pulling a log, or pull up a stone it’s recomended to chain it up front, yeah, right, i probably attach it to top of three-point, (stupid, dumb, dangerous, i know, and one have no chance to hit the clutch when tractor front rises)
And small tractors with gasifier on left side is said to be more stable, and get better traction when ploughing.

9 Likes

Goran I think one of those poor Deloreans would need a bigger engine. They could hardly break 70mph in top gear.

Maybe with a Buick 3800 engine it would be a zippy car.

4 Likes