I’ve been brainstorming a little bit of a schedule for Argos. Just as a very rough draft, I want to toss this out there and get some feedback.
What do you want to see happen? Anything on here you’re NOT interested in? Feedback please… like I said this is very loose and we won’t be sticklers about anything. But a little structure might help us get more out of the time available.
Mealtimes may shift a bit, as I hear details from Ron.
Basically I tried to think of various different activities, settings, and formats. Add a little of each. Then sorted more or less by what we did last year. A few points to remember:
- Saturday is the big day, we have all day long.
- Afternoons will have more semi-public or day trip folks. So truck rides will happen around then, and lots of woodgas explaining.
- Conversely the mornings are all ours. So more in depth discussion and demos happen then?
- Evenings best for flaring etc. Also we’ll have a campfire both nights.
- Friday doesn’t start until 12pm because folks are still arriving. Also Sunday is mostly just to pack up and leave, but hang out if you can.
- Some of this stuff depends on bringing tools etc. So plan now and bring what’s needed.
You may notice the “whiteboard sessions”. This is a simple idea to schedule on the fly discussions or demos depending on interest. We leave a whiteboard up, someone writes a topic they want to talk about, others write names by the ones they want to attend, and boom, new activity. No interest, no problem - just doesn’t happen, no-one is committed until there’s interest. Very simple yet effective in some circumstances. Worth a shot, I think.
Not trying to pack the schedule or anything. These are all tentative, just ideas to get you thinking. You guys come up with some other fun stuff and we’ll hash this thing out.