2013 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 17-19

Thanks, Wayne,
We hope you realize how much your personal involvement in this whole thing means to all of us!!

Hi Ron,
Sorry you canā€™t make it.I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your new teardrop,as I will be camping in mine again this year.
No woodgas truck,still looking for a good donor truck.although I do have most of the equipment made .
May be some other time.
Perry

Hey Perry !
Yeah man , would I love to make itā€¦Do you think you would make it to the Arkansas woodgas meet in the fall ? Again, I am going to TRIPLE CHECK the dates this timeā€¦
Also , if I finally get better internet service when my current contract is up on this one, I will learn a little more about posting pics and things, and try and post some of my teardrop. Hope you will post some more pics of yours again this year also. Thanks,
Ron

I had hoped to make Argos this year. Ainā€™t gonna happen, though. Turns out its the same weekend as a group of my Viet-Nam buddies are getting together, drinking and trying to remember what they tried to forget forty one years ago. I had better go keep an eye on them, again.

carson

its okay guys, donā€™t take it so hard !! iā€™ll make it next year :slight_smile:

Hello Carson,

I donā€™t blame you for wanting to reunite with your buddies. If it is anything like the circle of buddies I have from that time span, the circle is getting smaller all the time .

We will still miss you but priorities are priorities

Hey Chris
Do you have a the physical address for the fair grounds in Argoā€™s?

Thanks
Neil

Hello Neil,

The fairgrounds are on W Walnut St.

You can almost see the fair grounds from the main road. (US 31)

Travel US 31 from Indianapolis north , exit right on Indiana ave travel apx Ā¼ mile turn right onto S kenilworth Rd. and then left on W Walnut and you are there.

There will hopefully be a woodgas reunion sign out there like last year :o) See you all in a few days. Iā€™m busier than a one armed paper hanger right now. I think Chris posted coordinates last year ā€¦ I have 41.237157, 86.249131 on my cheat sheet from last year ā€¦ Mike L

211 W. Walnut St., Argos, IN, 46501 is the Marshall County 4H fairgrounds. Is that the right place?

Thatā€™s the spot.

Hey Thanks everyone for the info!

Wish I could bring nthe Dakota but couldnt get it done, but it will be great to see all work done by everyone.

See you all in a few day and have a safe drive!!!

Anyone up for an Italian beef sandwich? One of the best in the country is about an hour out of Argos. Thinking about Friday lunch on the way in.

Hi All, The woodgas meeting is a week away, I am looking foward to seeing everyone again. My work has been crazy busy which is good but I havnt kept up on what is going on here.
I called the Super 8 Motel in Rochester they still have 12 rooms vacant for this week end a room with a kingsize bed is $62.88 this is a pretty nice place.
I have about 3 tons of wood chunks ready to fuel the woodgas vehicles a hope this year there wont be much to take back home.On Saturday Mr. Kieth is providing a roasted hog for dinner there is going to be some really good eatn going on.
We are bringing our gas grill for any one who wants to use it, and a patio fire pit to have a camp fire in the evenings. The fairground policy is ā€œno open camp fires.ā€ Any one can camp free unless they hook up on the electric then there is a $15 per nite fee and for any one bringing a camper ther is a dump station available.
Hopefully we will have good weather if not we have a relly nice large building for our use, and there are really nice restroom with clean showers for our use. If any one needs any help or info feel free to give me a call 574 780 5039,
Ill see ya there, Ron L.

Thanks for the update Ron. Thatā€™s a lot of wood! I hope enough trucks show up to carry it all away.

Any word on the internet situation?

Chris, I didnā€™t see any evidence of wifi there but there may be something at the end where they had the horse show last year. I will be bringing my confuser to use at McDonalds and the such. What is on the corner to the west there ?? I canā€™t remember. I think it was a subway ?? I only rode through the actual town one time with Wayne when we went for a ride to do the usual 70 mph run and didnā€™t bother to look at what was in the town. Who is bringing the pig roaster ?? Nothing like a hog rotating over charcoal for a few hours to get the appetite stirred up. Did Wayne hire a local guy to do that ?? We might need a couple of large cans of sourkraut and some beer of course to make it taste right ā€¦
Itā€™s too windy to do anything much outside today here but the sun is shining. I have an earache from working in the wind along side a highway with lots of semis yesterday. They are predicting frost here tonight and tomorrow night ā€¦ Itā€™s all that global warming crap and now they call it climate change. I think the climate has been changing since this world was created. Will you be bringing your violin or do I have to bring 2 ?? ā€¦ Mike L

Hi Chris I stil dont know about the internet. The electric hook ups are 115 V 30 amp and 220 30 and 50 amp plenty of electric.
The hog will already be roasted and pullled from the bone, that way it wont take some ones time all day watchhing the pig.
We picked up the key last night and the caretaker said it was allright for any one who wanted to stay thursday nightā€¦

Bumpā€¦ Only 3 days left!! Are yā€™all ready?

Weather forecast looks good. 30% chance of a T storm on Saturday but that means 70% of none. Temps to be way cooler than last year ā€¦
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.23709209691179&lon=-86.24821186065674
Good sleeping weather ā€¦
Mike L

Mike B. We are leaving from the Youngstown, Ohio area at about 4AM on Fri. If youā€™re coming through around then we could convoy and maybe trade you off driving to give you a break. We are about 6 hrs from Argos. My number is 330-482-3897.