2013 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 17-19

I’m planning to be at Portillos (italian beef and hot dogs) in Merrillville at 11:00 am. If anyone wants to join me for lunch Friday, let me know.

http://goo.gl/maps/IQZFP http://www.portillos.com/

FYI, the local library has wifi, and is a short walk from the fairgrounds.

http://goo.gl/maps/Oogdm

http://www.argos.lib.in.us/

That’s closer then Mickie D’s. Thanks Chris.

Hi chris,
We’ll be going through Merrillville around the same time if every thing works out.
We would be glad to have lunch with you,if timing is right.
Perry

Henry, I’m a sucker for a decent sandwich. I’m driving up Friday morning. It adds about 90 minutes to my trip, and I’m driving for free anyways. I need to use up some more of this wood. :slight_smile:

Here’s the entrance you’re looking for:

Drove my “road train” to work today, fully loaded, for a dry run. Also bring along 2 cans of Doc’s “nitro train fuel” from Back to the Future. I think I’m ready, HWWT ETA = Friday afternoon / early eve.

How does it do fully loaded Carl?

The wife and I are about 75 miles into the trip. Planning on hitting the flea markets yard sales and sightseeing.

The little truck is really showing out even pulling a small trailer.

HWWT & SWEM

All,

Make sure you guys post lots of pictures for us pouting souls back home that aren’t able to go. Not so much video (remember SteveU’s dialup connection), but whatever you got, we want to see it!

Ha! Ha! Thanks for the thought AlexT.
Betcha’ of the almost 3000 members here now all over the world there are quite a few without high-speed able to handle much video.
Lots of video is O.K. as long as someone adept like ChrisKY will snip out some good stills and put them up to lock in some moments.

Hey fellows like HenryA going, but unable to yet get there on DOW yet, you really aught to take advantage to all of the working woodgasifiers there and take at least a couple of sacks of your intended to be used fuel woods. You will learn a lot from that.
Working woodgasifiers are insatiable hungry beasts always demanding “More Wood! More Wood!”.
Prepped taken fuel wood is always the very best of visiting gifts. Ha! Otherwise bring you own gloves, goggles and hearing protectors and be prepared to do some fuel wood prepping if you want any amout of looking-at running time. Steamer guys will really put you to wiping and greasing work. Make an oily greasy monkey out of you clambering. You will need a whole spare set of clothes taken along visiting with those fellows!
Experience.

Have fun. Enjoy. Learn. And spread the word.
Grass cutting fool Steve Unruh
(firewood making next once the Spring rains taper back for some gain on the actual drying)

Wife and I are in Nashville and enjoying the trip.

A gentleman followed us into McDonalds and was asking about the truck . He is one of very few that has recognized the gasifier. He followed me several miles with the traffic on I-65 and said he had heard of them and seen pictures of WW2 days etc. He will be going to the DOW to check out the site.

Very nice gentleman and said he and family just might make Argos.

HWWT & SWEM

Hey Chris, Is there anything left that I could bring? Last year I brought a pineapple upside down cake that sadly got tucked away. No one was able to enjoy it.

Terry,

Best bet is a side dish, maybe something to go with the hog roast. Any food specialties from your area?

If you want to coordinate, just email Ron Lemler and crew, they are planning the food situation.

:o) … See you in a couple of days … Be headed out tomorrow or early Friday … Wayne called me from Tenn this afternoon should be in KY by now … Safe trip and God’s blessings !!! ML

Hi Henry, here is a photo of the fairground entrance on highway 10 about 1 mile east of 31.
The photos of the recepts, first is the 30 amp then the 50 amp.

Hi Carl, that looks like a nice load. Do you know how far you will be traveling?

The wife and I are in Seymour Indiana . The truck ran great all day with one exception when it was pulling too much vacuum and I had to pull over and rod the grate once. ( should have roded the grate when I refueled but didn’t )

I drove all interstate highway through Tennessee and Kentucky but tomorrow after checking out the town I may try some roads parallel to the interstate and do more pleasure driving and sightseeing

HWWT.

HI Wayne, you are making good time do you know what time you will be arriving in Argos

Hello Ron,

We will be staying in Rochester and plan on getting there tomorrow afternoon and coming on to the event Friday morning.

If there is anything I can help you with I will be glad to come on up tomorrow evening.

Thanks
Wayne

If you need any help with anything I should be coming in late tomorrow.
Wife made cookies. Anything I could pick up on the way just let me know.

Won’t be able to get the gasifier in and secured so I think I’ll pull the cooling rack off and throw the plastic bed liner back in to cover the hole. Hope this is the last trip this truck ever makes on gasoline.