2013 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 17-19

You guys are having too much fun. You are probably somewhere close to eating that hog. I can’t imagine how good that would be.
I am so envious but the finances just didn’t work out. Oh well. Just wishing everyone well and a safe ride home.

Enjoy.
Chris T

Hi Tom. That old black Ford is mine. I should have listened to Wayne and got a Dakota…I have always been a hard head! The super tall tank is my hay filter. I have found that the added storage capacity of the taller tank is helpful and offsets the added wind resistance. This weekend sure has been fun. I hope everyone who didn’t make it this year is able to be here next. Best regards from Argos.

truck pictures I did not get a picture of Chris’s truck and Wayne’s pic is from the 2012 meet, Found out I have a major vacuum leak, the valve cove has serious vacuum so we are thinking I have a bad intake gasket or bad egr valve. There is always something to do.

Just made it home from Argos a short while ago. Weather was great, food was great, the people were behond great! Special thanks to the Lemler family for being such wonderful hosts. I had a great time and cannot wait until next year to do it all again!

Hello all,

Wife and I are south of Indianapolis . we pulled into Mcdonalds to get a sandwich and add a little wood to the truck. Everything running smooth .

SWEM

OK guys and gals, you asked for it and here it is! The official woodgas theme song sung around the campfire at the 2013 Argos meetup. Words by Gary Gilmore and tune of Johnny Cash “Ring of Fire”

Chorus
I Use a torch to light a burning ring of fire; turn on the fan and the fire gets higher; it burns burns burns, that ring of fire, that ring of fire.

Fire, that gives off heat turns wood to gas, now ain’t that neat.
Wood gas, is a motor fuel made from wood, that is renewed

Chours

Air and rain and sun, makes the fuel, on which I run.
Power that’s made from trees, uses no oil from overseas.

Chours

Burn now baby burn, cause down the road I’ll take a turn.
Past the station, in the neighborhood, won’t buy no gas, I drive on wood.

Chours

Sorry dial-up guys :frowning:

Don Mannes

2 Likes

Thanks Don! I was just telling my wife I was hoping to get the words to the song. That is great. Much credit to Gary Gilmore for coming up with those lyrics.

1 Like

This is a classic woodgas moment!! :slight_smile:
Hey Gary that last verse is deep!!!

1 Like

Don
That was priceless!
I’m still smiling, Sure wish I was there.
Thanks again.
TerryL

Home From Argos,
What a blast! It was so good.
Looking forward to next year
Thanks again Ron for hosting the event.

Looks you guys had a wonderful time …Wish I could have been there.I like the song

Something that will probably be a rare sight in any future woodgas gathering was the initial fire up of David Siedschlag’s Toyota that could have gone in a few different directions. Talk about faith! It was Frankenstein’s monster with Wayne holding the electric paddles to shock it to life. 25 percent met 75 percent in front a lot of people and worked beautiful. I’ll never forget it, what a blast!

A shot of the crowd watching Wayne light Davis Siedschlag’s gassifier for the first time

Hi All,
This is Doug’s wife, Julie. We had a wonderful time this weekend. I don’t think there’s a nicer bunch of people in the world! God bless all of you, and see you next year!

While driving from I 80 to Argos late Thursday night, another verse popped into my head that was not on the sheet Don (or anyone else had) Here it is:

Wood, processed at home, makes the fuel on which I roam.
Buying gas, now ain’t my style so I Smile, With Every Mile.

Great event in Argos AGAIN. Thanks to Ron and Rhonda for being such great hosts.
Gary in PA

Made it home this afternoon, then headed right back out to play music gig. Great event everyone!! Thanks a bunch to Ron, Rhonda and crew.

And thanks to everyone who came such a long way to participate, you really made it special.

Had a great time as usual. Thanks to everyone who made it happen.

Special thanks to DavidS for being brave enough to have the first firing for all of us to enjoy!

I’m not sure if Ron Ohler is on this DOW site but he posted the following message on the Yahoo woodgas site:
Hi Folks,
Someone left an item behind at the pavilion where Gary was giving his charcoal demonstrations.
Ronda Lemler and I found it when we were the last 2 folks there.
Contact Ronda or Ron to get it returned.
Best,
RonO

Don Mannes

Great tune and pictures !