2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Shoot, the Amazon order is a day late and won’t make it… I’ve got stuff rigged up though. No way am I going without a hopper TC !!

I dare anything else to break before I leave! :wink: [secretly hopes nobody heard that]

4 Likes

You can allways hang your hand held shop meter on there, Thanks for help building,and the learning part, sorry could’ent make it this year.Enjoy the trip, meatings and intertainments.

Terry, I used some the bees wax to re-finish my old picolo and gave a chunk to Sue to use on a project of hers. I don’t know how to contact you anymore and I can only use this site at one of my 3 locations here. I never got any return messages on your phones … Oh well … Watch the ticks this year … I’m screwed … Mike

PS, Unless I croak or get seriously worse I’ll be on the road in the morning … I’m looking forward to a break and a long drive … Guess we’ll see how many stops I make along the way… The Kankakee River has the best fresh water shells I have seen so I usually picnic there and collect a few. I stayed in Kankakee last year but could have pushed all the way . I like a night in a hotel once or twice a year … Find out tomorrow … Very weakened right now and I see I just got a new spot on my right arm … I usually drive straight home as it is only 360 miles M

1 Like

425 miles today, now at Marion, IL 450# wood. Drove thru about 1 hour of rain, truck ran great. See everybody Friday.

2 Likes

Just got my travel computer ready … Had to install a newer version of firefox. Glad to hear Carl and Wayne are rolling …

HI carl that dakota got decent milege,hauling a load of wood,Thanks

Well I need to be more specific. You see I did a fair amount of hybrid driving Kevin. You caught me red handed! I’ll fill up at Argos, and well see how much it REALLY took.

1 Like

Loaded and ready to roll in the morning. Riding low in the back - I’ll be avoiding potholes! Probably the most weight I’ve ever hauled long distance on wood, we’ll see how she takes it.

6 Likes

Finally loaded and ready. Going to try and get 3-4 hours sleep. Hoping to leave around 4 a.m. To be honest it is unknown how truck is going to run…lol

4 Likes

Good luck Gary. Hope everyone has a safe trip.
I’m about loaded up heading out about 9am tomorrow .

1 Like

Thanks Marvin…will see you there. You have a safe trip also.

Ron, Argos is always fun. Thanks for all you do. Sorry about your truck. I’m sure it will live again!

Thanks CARL Z for the clairity on, i for got some hybriding is better than over heating, depending on all the conditions, have a safe and blessed travel.AND ALL.

Mike, email is always fine. [email protected]

I feel obligated to keep up with the original yahoo site still. The days before they “improved” it seems like a dream now.

We sure wish we could be with y’all again this year.

Our prayers go with you on your safe travels.

At this point, we’re shootin’ for next year - or hopefully In Arkansas…

Raise a toast for us when you get together for dinner one day. We’ll join you in Spirit.

Al & Beth D

2 Likes

Well…I’m out. We have driven 230 miles this morning and are back home. Had several back fires in intake. Had to stop and straighten air cleaner top three times. It would be so hot I would have to spray down the intake and air cleaner. I think it gets to burning the wood gasses on the top side of throttle plate and when you try to get it running while still coasting down it is like a blow torch on the top side of throttle and burning there leaving no good gas for motor to run on. Melted the new tps and map sensor. Now we are setting at an intersection where I had coasted off interstate on an exit. Took complete air cleaner assembly off and had to spray it down for a minute or two, was boiling the water on throttle body and intake. Finally got it running on gas and found a place to check it out. It had gotten so hot the gasket under throttle plate had burned out and It was actually loose on the intake. Wouldn’t idle under 2 grand even after tightening throttle plate. For some reason the egr valve was now open and sucking a lot of air. Poked me a piece of rag in there to stop that air leak. Had brought an extra throttle position sensor and replaced it. Put my tail between my legs and headed home. Was going to get home and take wifes van but that would put us there around 11;30 tonight. I only got an hours sleep last night and decided it was time to throw in the towel. Makes me sick as hard as I have been trying to get ready to go. Even had a quart of honey that my dad had from the honey bees he raised to give to Mike Larosa. Also had goodies for you guys that you would all liked and been able to use, If I cancel my motel stay for the 3 night by check in time she said I wouldn’t have to pay for any of the nights. Joseph I guess I will have to hook up later on the scrap or just forget it…Sorry I am really discouraged, I have never had these problems the whole time Iv’e been driving on wood. Would have to happen now. Will get it figured out and see you guys again. Have fun, will be looking for pictures. My wife and grandson was looking forward to it as much as I was …crap.

Dam I’m sorry to hear that. You seemed so prepared. I may sound like a broken record because I have suggested this to others who have had problems. SILICON YOUR AIR CLEANER DOWN TIGHT at all locations. If you close off all valves to the air cleaner except for one and start the truck on gasoline, you should be able to kill or almost kill the engine by blocking off the one air valve you left un-closed off. You get good gas up to the air cleaner and it mixes with too much air and it ignites. Usually an air leak in the air cleaner results in weak gas, but I feel you may be getting and explosive mix. Sorry Gary as I re-read what I wrote, it probably doesn’t make complete sence to me either. But if the air leak causes a lean mixture to the cylinder, it could stutter and back fire and blow the air cleaner apart. So I stick by my suggestion— check the air cleaner for leaksTomC

Wow, sorry to hear that Gary!
I was sure looking forward to seeing you again. Sure wish you lived closer to me, I’d swing by and pick you up.

sorry to hear that Gary. I wonder if you have a valve or valves that are not closing or sealing completely, causing exhaust gasses and/or combustion gasses to enter the intake. I know how it feels, crossing my fingers for my ride down, not nearly as far as you however I just checked my front wheels and it feels like the bearings have a bit of play in them.

1 Like