2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

HI gary , sorry too hear your truck problems, I know you be more than able too find and fix when time permits, dont over do it and have a good week end anyway.I allways figure there must have been a reason when one thing goes wrong.

So many things I want to bring but I’m afraid this might be pushing the truck already. I had to load it twice because the wood in the back of the truck was too heavy.

1 Like

Bill did you leave yet? I will be heading out 2morrow at 6am.

Gary, sucks the way timing works sometimes. I know it doesn’t help but I can feel for yah.

Jeff

Yeah, and I am also miss your grandson’s smiley face.

yes Joe, I should be there around midnight. I just need a cup of coffee when you get there

Hello everyone, Here are a few pics of today setting up for the rest of the weekend.

Looking forward to tomorrow and Saturday!
Ron L.

4 Likes

Hey Gary, I really wanted to talk to you as I admire how fast and how far you moved along on your project. Kinda wished for a layoff to speed myself up. I have a suggestion for an intake cleaning if that is what the problem is. First, buy an inspection probe camera off EBAY. Less than $100. It has a light built in the end of it. If it looks like a rough texture in there, how about burning it out? The two tank home owner propane and oxygen set up will burn inside the intake manifold no matter what. Modifying the wand for length or curvature to fit through an open throttle blade will be the challenge. Maybe someone on the starter cranking a few times while the burning is happening will help. Good luck, and 2016 will be a really good year.

I’m really glad you guys are there … I had a.gasifier strut break on the trailer and found some poor fkr to help me fix it … He works on cars without a welder or cutting torch … Must be god ?? I’m in a fleabag in burned buns spelled bourbonnais … If someone could leave a message for Sue at 608-623-2172 I’d appreciate it … Been a long day … C ya for lunch … Mike … PS, pistol is loaded and ready to fire …

Hi Doug…I have had 2 major self cleaning episodes in the past week. I was thinking like you so I removed the throttle plate assembly and took my torch and got some of the carbon burning (glowing) and took my air hose and would blow into the intake. It would burn and blow glowing ash out like a volcano,lol. I did this for probably 10 minutes letting it cool a little and then giving it a big blast with the air hose. I did it until there was nothing left to burn. I figured that may have been the problem, but also built me a new lower half of air cleaner because was afraid mine may not be sealing good anymore after so many explosions. I was warped pretty bad. Thought I was good to go but obviously didn’t help at all.

Mike talking to your wife now…Got you covered. She was wondering how far you have made it.

Hey Gary. I have the 4 tennis ball relief valve air cleaner, and now I’ll make an egr block off plate plus orange silicone gaskets for both surfaces. Ether spray will tell me if everything is sealed. You can polish a turd.

I understand that the gasket under the TB was burned out and stuff, but I have to say again---- put the air cleaner on and plug all ports but one and start the engine on gas. If plugging the remaining port doesn’t kill the motor or almost, your air cleaner is not sealed.TomC

Hi Gary, what a bummer you got problems. I hate stuff like that and hate to see anybody else get hit with it too. You’re a good man, resourceful, and smart with a bulldogs hold on life, and we willl all benefit from your bugger!! Hang in there, we miss you, and the family.

I’ll be coming. Don’t know what day I’ll leave. Job has me usually working late enough that I’d be better off leaving early on Saturday. I invited both Wayne Baker and Mike Anthony along but have not heard back.
Sorry to see Terry G will not be there and that a few others have had to toss in the towel
Safe travels everyone.
Best,
RonO

3 Likes

Thanks Gary … Tomorrow I plan to have a poached egg and a piece of bacon and head out … I’ve met a lot of nice folks but it’s a shame many of the young ones are drug addicts …some young gal is doing tattoos right over my room … Gun is loaded and ready to fire on the bedstand … AC is not working …Last time that happened I left the door open and some ngr walked into our room You should have seen him back off … Sue was at the ihop getting her snack … I never told her about it because she thinks it’s bad to have a gn …C ya manana hopefully … M
\

1 Like

Hi Gary sorry to hear about your melt down. you had every thing loaded so nicely and had a good start. I was curious to see how much wood you would have left by the time you got up here.
I hope there wasn’t much damage and it can be fixed easily. If everything always goes perfectly we wouldn’t appreciate it as much when it does. I hope to see you next year have a good week end.
Sincerely, Ron L

Heading out right now. Had a few issues with the bank so we got a late start. hope to see you guys around 1.

Gary and I teamed up to chunk wood on charcoal.

9 Likes

HI gary,That looks like the way too be set up for power outage,power out aint going too scare you guys. Good looking chunker,I have been wondring if it wood be too hard too drive those chunkers with a pedel bike set up for emergencys, too get a wood supply built up.The next thing after chunker for me is a welder and plasma generator,i got an old tracker motor would work perfect.or maybe even a biger motor like old inline chevy 6 cyliner,at least it cooler today,happy sabbeth, HAPPY CAMPING MUCH COOLER ON THE WAY.DONT FORGET YOUR COATS TONIGHT,down too 40F tonight.