2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Hi Kevin,

Way too much power required. Humans can put out 75W continuously. It’s far better to just have a small machine and a stash of chips.

Stephen

1 Like

Thanks stephen for chiming in, you are a man of knollege. i gess like you say then just keep extra motors and wood and can allways make some charco.OR are you running small engine on wood chips?

Hi Kevin,

I am a small engine guy. I am standardizing on the 6.5hp Honda GX200 and its clones running on chips or pellets. They can do A LOT of real world work for a minimal friction cost.

Stephen

Thanks stephen,i moved too your small engine thread.

No drag raceing,or figure 8 raceing,jokeing,HAPPY CAMPING.

Hi all woodgasers, I have a few pics that we put together so far of the 2015 Argos meetup

truck loaded with 10,000 # of wood chunks.

Mr. Keith demonstrating how to clean the intake manifold. VERY IMPORTANT!

Intake manifold burnout. BBB!

Soot burning out of the manifold through tailpipe.

Picking up the 6’ Subway Sandwich donated by Stephen Abbadessa.

It was much appreciated, as you can tell! Thank you Stephen!

6 Likes

Obviously Mama didn’t raise any fussy eaters! Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Stephen

5 Likes

Yes, Thank you Steve. It would have tasted even better if you could have brought it personally.

1 Like

HI Don,

Hopefully next year I will be able to make it.

Stephen

4 Likes

Thanks Stephen for the sandwich, it was fresh. Thanks to the Lemlers for hosting such an ideal setup. And of course the builders made this possible with their ever patient answers. Richard Craig gave me an on road hopper puff experience which convinced me of using a high temp gasket on top. Fun, fun, fun. May need a county sheriff for event traffic control next year.

4 Likes

Back home! Hit some railroad tracks a little too hard and the brake pedal went to the floor! Broke the brake line that feeds my rear drums :frowning: I ended up just doing the old roadside fix by using a pair of diagnal cutters and pinching the brake line so it wouldn’t loose too much pressure, drove home with front brakes only. I did a lot of hybrid driving on my way home and that was the first time I had done that. The truck really drives great with the break controller turned all the way down. The computer being OBD2 I think is a little quicker and I don’t even have to open any air valves up, it leans out the mixture almost instantly once the fuel rail fills up. I was very impressed with that. Ron L’s wood seems to be running a lot better then the pine I have been running. I had to pull over 1 time to knock down a bridge in the hopper. I had noticed for some reason my hopper was not showing any vacuum on the vac gauge while the rails had around 5 on them at 2k RPM’s (cruising) and then noticed the temp start to climb dramatically over the 200 degree mark. Not sure what happened other then the nasty bridge I had. I think the pine caused a bunch of tar to accumulate and stick some of the chunks together. Char bed fells like it starting to get tight now as well.

6 Likes

Thanks, Doug. Maybe next year I can be the on site burger flipper. : )

1 Like

Nice seeing you all !!! I’ll catch up tomorrow … Now I know I’m the worlds worst welder ! All 4 glom welds I did with Jim’ s welder broke loose … I used a lot of electric fence wire to get it all back here. The strut also broke again I will re-attach it with u bolts tomorrow so it can flex feely and do a limited slip joint on the strut. Never had any problems here but those RR tracks and road construction in NE IL and NW IN are nasty on a gasifier trailer something broke the last few years on the bigger one … No problems like that near home as there is no money and they don’t fix crap here … I made it home at 8PM my time and left around 10 AM my time so it was around 10 hours or so … Sorry I got swollen lobster hands yesterday … I stopped taking all meds …I don’t have much feeling in my hands yet but at least they aren’t burning … I talked with Jim LaPlant as I crossed the border to the homeland and he had made it to his homeland NY … I hope everybody makes it home OK … I got home to sunshine … Did my sunset prayers and it is getting dark now … Later, Mike

2 Likes

Hi All,
Thanks too everyone who helped make this weekend another great memory. A special thanks to the Lemler family for going out of their way to make sure we had a great venue. Thank you to those who came from long distances to attend or put on demonstrations. I know we all had a good time. I know next year will come sooner than one may expect - the years seem to go by at an ever increasing faster rate.
Best regards,
RonO

6 Likes

Back home.
Thanks to Ron and family for putting on a great show.

Gary, I have some info on replacing the lower intake plate if your interested. If that wasn’t part of the cause of your problems I’d imagine it is damaged by now. Hated you couldn’t make it but I know you’ll have it worked out soon.

Best group of friends in the world to have.

Marvin

7 Likes

Good to see you on the site Mr. Ohler

3 Likes

I got to ride in Mr. Don’s Tracker. :grin:

7 Likes

Howdy Ya’ll,
Gotta give Mr Bill a BIG thanks!
Seeing the sites through Bill’s phone was the next best thing to being there.
Awesome stuff!
Thanks to everyone involved.
TerryL

4 Likes

Had a great time! It was fun to finally meet everyone and put a face with all the names I am so familiar with. Also want to send a shout out to Mr Lemler for helping with the unloading and reloading of our equipment many thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Darn railroad crossings. I hit one and lost my trailer safety chains held and I just let the tongue run under the truck until bumber contacted the bed and eased it to a stop. Didn’t grab enough of Ron’s wood to make it all the way home though.
Got to Knoxville Iowa and a guy followed me into a dino stop jumps out of his car and says he wants to shake my hand and look at my unit. Turns out he was at Argos last year.
Thanks to the Ron’s family and everyone else who made this a weekend to remember

1 Like