2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Back home safely, ran all the way on wood without an issue. Truck has never run so good for so long - I kept checking to see if the gasoline switch was turned off!! Wayne must’ve bought all the lemons around, so I had to chew on some aspen bark… :unamused:

Big thanks to Ron, Ronda and the whole Lemler family. A lot of folks put work into making this happen, but the Lemlers truly make rubber meet the road. Our hats are off to you fine folks!

We sure had a lot of gasifiers this year. Even with attendance slightly down over years past, the number of machines running has more than doubled. Next year will be even more. Great to see all the lawnmowers…

I’ve got a few videos I’ll be putting together for those who couldn’t make it. I know a lot of folks took pictures they might want to add to the event, so I’ll set up a photo album we can all contribute to. Details to come shortly.

6 Likes

so I had to chew on some aspen bark…Funny stuff there Chris. That did seem work. One doesn’t always have lemons around but we have tree bark.

4 Likes

This year was a big eye-opener for me. To see everyone’s ideas up close sure is better than a picture.
Ron and Rhonda Lemler, you two are the best! I also want to thank the rest of the ladies who made sure we didn’t starve or dehydrate.
Another big thanks goes to Gary Gilmore for the charcoal he sent home with me and answering all the questions I fired at him.
Wayne and Chris, thanks for this site and the meet up. I don’t think there’s another venue that can draw the quality of people I met this weekend.

1 Like

Glad you were able too have what sounds like plenty people made it dispite the chilly weather,at least it findely cleared up,for a while i was wounering what happen too april showers.Yes we would be glad too see a few more pics/vidios.THANKS

1 Like

Quick preview courtesy of Google auto-awesome… it made this on it’s own.

10 Likes

The wife and I just got home safe and sound . We stopped in southern Indiana to catch up on some sleep. There were just too much going on at Argos to waste the time sleeping.

The ole ram ran flawless and never missed a lick .

I will be making a thank you list . Videos and pictures to follow .

BBB

6 Likes

Wayne,Glad you are home OK … My hands are returning to a sore normal. I spent the morning unloading stuff and mid day working on survey work … Then I re-brazed the gasifier to the frame and rebuilt the rear strut with one with a slip joint for railroad tracks … Sorry I didn’t get to play show off with it … My thanks to Ron for letting me sleep in his motor home … I was in pretty bad shape on Saturday … Sometimes your the windshield and sometimes your the bug … Mike

4 Likes

In trying to make a list of all that deserves a big THANK YOU I ran out of paper and pencils. For every one I could name I know I would be leaving out several so I will just say WOW what a week.

Much thanks to Ron Lemler and his whole family .

Also the ladies of the event fed us so well that it would have been worth travailing across have the state to eat even if one had no interest in gasification.

Thanks Stephen for the sandwich that required a tractor to transport it.

BBB

6 Likes

Hi Joseph H,
It was nice to put a face with a name. Wish I had spent some more time looking your unit over a bit. Glad you were able to make it. I do rarely come over to this site. I was getting rejected at log in quite a while back so just didn’t bother. Chris straightened that out. I just don’t have enough time to deal with all of the stuff I want to do. I will try to stop by more often.
Best,
RonO

3 Likes

We got home about 6:30 after 1600 miles of some of the best, and worst roads in the country. I had 1-1/2 bags of wood left, thanks Ron L. for some very high quality fuel. Just one on the many great things you and your family do to make Argos a success. What a fantastic meeting of the minds, and vehicles, and chunkers, and charcoal! I have a few pics and a video or two when I get rested up. Truck ran very well, got to show and tell a couple times while stopped, but the brakes were screeching by the time we got home, so that is the next project. Great to see everyone again. “Argos #4 has left the building”

7 Likes

One of my favorite parts of the weekend - Don Mannes lighting up the Tracker.

9 Likes

Wherever Carl Zinn is talking he always draws a crowd.

Small tractor rodeo

3 Likes

Here’s the official photo album, you can add to it as you like:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/gallery/c9vjcer1ihdt4bat56dotaerilg

Thanks to all for the fine food.

I think I have gained about 10 pounds

2 Likes

Thanks to Randy and his daughter , Jeff, Chris and Mike for the entertainment.

4 Likes

Mike has been having a lot of problems with his legs being paralyzed this last year . In the early morning hours last Saturday they seem to begin functioning very well.

8 Likes

Charcoal Lawn Tractor flare.

7 Likes

Aww Man!!!
I missed the small tractor rodeo!
Looks great guys, Keep it up!

2 Likes

Wish I could have witnessed this.
Good job Don.
Thanks Chris