2016 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 19-22

Not sure if I am going to make it or not, if I do it will be Saturday morning and I will have to leave later that night. I will be solo.

3 Likes

I know your feeling Paul. I had given myself until 5;00 to make up my mind. This morning I woke and KNEW my problem had to be my ash door. I took it apart and I see not white char. Darn. I am modifying the ash door right now, but do not have any hopes of that solving my high temperature problem.

I wish you the best of luck getting things straightened out. I was looking forward to meeting you. I have seen you at a couple but was to shy to talk with you. That was one thing I wanted to do this year. TomC

2 Likes

Driving is a real grind… :disappointed:

Well, on the road that is.

6 Likes

I can’t help wonder what would happen if I showed up at the US border pulling my trailered atv and generator… Have fun in argos this weekend I will be glued to my screen…

8 Likes

Loading up tonight.

Will remember what I forgot half way to Argos.

Decided to drive the big dodge, so have room to bring the charcoal gasifier and generator and about 30 gallons of charcoal.

Lord willing, will see you fellows tomorrow evening.

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Argos 2016 Pictures and Videos

Hi, Tom!
22.05.2016 03:36

If the ash door blows in air into the ash bunker gas, there will be no white ash what so ever ! White ash will only appear if the air beam hits char! The gasflame makes it hot like H… but gas develops no ASH!

Good luck!

Max

3 Likes

Thank you Max; I have wondered about that and that opens up a lot of possibilities. Had to go to the woods and try to cut fire wood for next winter, but I did take a few minutes to sit on the bed of the truck and let my imagination run on any places where the leak could be. I believe I just have to pull it all apart YUK! TomC

3 Likes

Tom, I would think you could put a 4th of July. Smoke bomb or something that would make smoke like fog machine at the air intake to the Gasifier. Turn on your pusher blower. Let it fill with smoke then plug it off on the other end where it goes into the engine. Start looking for the smoke coming out, and Mark the spots. My 2 cents worth.
Keep on Gasifiing. Bob

3 Likes

Well, I made it home without loosing my rear end, but she’s really screaming at me now.
Also blew a brake line not long after leaving, but who needs brakes when you’ve got air horns?
I guess it’s time for a little maintenance, but really glad i got to be there.

13 Likes

I made it home at 3pm this afternoon with a 4 hr nap.
Getting 2 new tires on the wife’s car so we can leave tomorrow morning for Phoenix. She dove 1½ miles on a flat yesterday getting the mail.
I got home and all the trees are pushing out their leaves now. Sure looks nice.

9 Likes

Made it home, 3:45pm. truck surprised me, 2 detours, round trip almost 1000 miles avg. mpg 19. Bill; Glad to hear you didn’t have any more problems.

7 Likes

I made it home about 1 pm and after having constructed a WK myself, the learning just magnified from looking at and talking to the other accomplished builders. I think that Wayne spent more time with me than anyone else, thank you. Each time on the road, he made the char bed breathe more until I could actually drive on wood myself. Thanks to the ladies as we would starve after finding out that the sun was going down. Thanks to the Lemlers for hosting and wood fueling. Next year will be even more fun. Doug D

12 Likes

Well we made it home just fine, we went 530 miles on just smoke NO GAS!!! We even let the truck idle for 23 minutes while in Steak and Shake. Had a great time this year at Argos and cant wait for Argos next year and the possible Missouri meet, anyways hope everybody makes it home okay.

10 Likes

Home about 415 fought cross wind most of Iowa figured the guys going South would have a hard time. What everyone else said . The high lite of the trip for me was watching the youngers with the paint cans and a couple of pipe fittings trying to make a gasifier. Dragging Mr Gilmore to explain the gasifier from top to bottom… Drawing plans on graph paper. Means there is some up and comers out there.
Thanks to all

10 Likes

We made it home around 7:00 PM. Of course, we were running on diesel. But it’s still more of an accomplishment than it sounds like, given our recent luck with vehicles (and engines in general).

Had a few adventures at Argos, met some great folks, and learned a lot.

See my charcoal generator thread for details.

6 Likes

Thanks everybody for making this year one of the best ever! Special thanks to the Lemler crew - You guys are the best!!

I got home safe and sound, but headed right back out to a job in Virginia (just arrived). I’ll try to post pictures and videos when I get time.

11 Likes

Made it home at 12:30 am. One wrong turn and turned into 950 mile ride.
Thanks again to the whole Lemler family for their terrific event. Thanks to all the ladies for the awesome food spreads. Excellent weather, even better conversations. Really needed more hours in the day. 84 attendees, nice turnout.
Hope everybody made it home safe.

7 Likes

We made it home at midnight :grinning:

5 Likes

looks like I missed s really nice weekend,glad some one was able too enjoy the travel,on wood, wish I could have made the trip too visit the wood gas crowd.

3 Likes