2017 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 11-14

Thanks, Wayne. Your truck runs so good on wood: smooth and steady. We will be back next year with something to show. Sad it is over, good friends see you next year!
Mike Reynolds

3 Likes

It sure was a pleasure getting to spend time with all of you again in Argos. Many thanks go out to the Lemler family, the Keith family and Chris for making this all possible again this year. I was fortunate enough to get to ride with Wayne and spent a lot of time going over some design questions that I had. I learned a lot again and enjoyed seeing the newly completed trucks. Iā€™m not sure how many years it took Wayne to build his first reliable woodgass truck from trial and error. I would say alot of people including myself would not have the patience and time to perfect the process over the many years of shortfalls and improvements. I am very thankful Mr. Wayne is willing to share his knowledge with us so we all can be successful if we are willing to do the work.

Thanks again to all of you,

Bryan

8 Likes

Practice. Patience. Persistence - wins success in the end.
J-I-C Steve Unruh

6 Likes

Got back home to Maine late afternoon yesterday. We so much enjoyed our visit with all of you again this year! Particularly thankful to the wonderful friendly atmosphere and willingness to share knowledge, time, and smiles.
Particularly grateful that people like Wayne, Don Mannes and Carl Zinn have so much experience and willingness to answer even the dumb questions. I am humbled that I have so much to learn yet. But I picked up a lot this past weekend! Thanks to all and special thanks to Ron and Rhonda!

3 Likes

Ruby and I had a great time. New builds are always exciting to see and explore. Good food, good friends, many useful insights, and a helping hand spirit all around. 2 days driving to Argos, 2 days there, 2 days around Goshen/Bristol where I grew up, and 2 days drive home. All went well till we started home. The ugly acid eating bug struck again about 350 miles headed home, with a large hole opening up near the filler lid, another in a hopper cooling pipe, (Randy helped me fix 1 at Argos) Both were too large to fix, so we crused on petrol the last 500 miles. Time for new tubes (second set), and filler neck and lid ring (4th time) Aluminum lid still good.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that Carl. Iā€™m glad you made it safely.

1 Like

had a grate time at Argos every one was so kind as usual i got home late last night and reviewed my mileage log it was 1323.5 miles to go home i didnā€™t record it when i left but i took close to the same route so that makes around 2647 total miles i drove on wood close to the Texarkana line before i had a problem with my intake hose rapping around my drive shaft but i only had about 100 miles are so of wood left Ron was gracious and gave me a lot of wood to start back on i went a total of 407 miles i will try to post more tomorrow on why i only got that far it should have been real close to what Wayne and Chris estimated 600 - 650 I have been playing catch up and i am tired but it was worth it gotta go for now

7 Likes

Here is a link to my first-edited Argos 2017 video.
https://youtu.be/eMT6zjFjzjk

Mike

15 Likes

Thanks, Mike, for bringing it to those of us who couldnā€™t make it.
Pepe

2 Likes

Unloading wood with wood powered tracktor, Nice vidio mike.

4 Likes

first day ran great on wood 331 DOW, 57 on gas 2nd day it started backfiring every 15 - 20 miles found frame had rubbed through crossover line and blew off rubber cap replaced cap and caped off bad line, still backfiring showing low vac. reworked charbed tried again same problem after several attempts i decided to drive home on gas. only drove 76 miles DOW total the second and third day
decided to trouble shoot at home had 6 bags left that should have taken me about 120+ miles which means I would have had a total of 527 miles on wood. however, since I had and maybe still have air leaks on the line, it probably should have been closer to the estimated mileage from Wayne and Chris of 600 to 650 miles. I just want to say Thanks to the Lemlerā€™s for hosting this event, and Thanks to the ladies for all the great food, Thanks to Chris and Wayne for helping me fix my throttle problem and the saw blades for my future build and of course, Thanks to Ron for the wood to come back home on. And it wouldnā€™t have been complete without the fellowship of all the wood-gasers!! See you somewhere down the road on wood!!

8 Likes

thanks for the video Mike

1 Like

Ronda and myself would like to thank everyone who came this year. This event has always been informative and lots of fun. It is only because of all the help we get from everyone that we have been able to do this for five years.??? This year was one of the best years ever. We had lots of sunny weather and cool nights :slight_smile:. Sorry I didnā€™t get many good pictures this year. I did get one good one of a woodgas member that always cheers me up.

Thanks again, Ron L.

10 Likes

11 Likes

I always dropped a morsel of food under the table when I felt her brush my leg. I hope she didnā€™t gain as much weight as I did. The food was fantastic!

9 Likes

Dolittle had a great time too. He loves the food and fun.

4 Likes

Dolittle is a HE ? OK then, sorry buddy.

3 Likes

Here is a link to the next Argos meet-up video.
https://youtu.be/Ys1PjwuZOj4

It is a bit long, but full of gems. If you listen carefully, Max G. makes an appearance at 17:32 :grin:

12 Likes

Thanks you much for the video !!

1 Like

Sure wish I could have been there.

BUT, thereĀ“s a Gengas meetup only one full hardwood hopper from here July 15th. I just reasently found out and I called the guy hosting the event. He forbid me not to show up. IĀ“ll be there :grin:

12 Likes