2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

Thanks Mike for all you, your brother and the Lemlers are doing .

See ya soon :grinning:

6 Likes

Yes Kevin and Koen,

I too want to learn about the tuk tuk. I want to do a charcoal conversion on one in Rwanda. See you soon.

5 Likes

Thanks Kevin, but I am maxed out right here till Winter.

3 Likes

I am coming but it will be only me

4 Likes

Sounds perfect Don!
I was hoping to see you Carl.

6 Likes

Jakob loaded his tractor on the trailer last night. We have 2 days of training tomorrow and Wed and are planning to be ready and loaded today to leave early Thurs morn. WHen he pulled it up on the trailer his new drive shaft came apart somehow, so he spent most of last night out fixing it. He was up and out working very early this mornig. He just came in and said that rearraning his system has changed something and he is now making really clean gas and itā€™s working quite well.
All that to say that we have quite a bit of excitement around here about the trip. Sorry you wonā€™;t make it Carl. Seems like a big crowd this year.
Look for us about 4 or 5 pm Thursdayā€¦All except Luke.
Bringing a bunch of lettuce. Hope everyone likes butterheadā€¦

7 Likes

Randy Prichard and Marvin Willoughby are signed up for the Meetup!
Wonā€™t be long nowā€¦

4 Likes

Hey is anyone able to bring a welder or know of anyone in the area need a elbow welded on .It will take us about 3hrs to get there. I pray for safe travel for everyone. Dan Moore

3 Likes

Matt might be bringing a welder.

1 Like

Hi Dan, I have a welder it may be easier to bring it to my shop, it is kind of large and needs 240V.
When are you coming up, There is a good welder also on State road 110 about 5 mi east of highway 31 that is just south of Argos.Just let me know?
Ron L

5 Likes

packing my stuff and up to the airportā€¦ 21 hours of flightā€¦ 12 hours shift timeā€¦ but the goal is sweet Argos, sweet DOWā€¦

9 Likes

I am bringing an oxyacetylene welder.

4 Likes

I held out to the last minute. But with a 89 yr old mother in hospice and a back that will probably lock up on the10 hour ride. I will have to past this year. Believe me I want to be there. Just to see my old friends and to make new ones.:sob::sob::sob:

10 Likes

I had planed to drive 3 or 4 hundred miles and stop for the night but I got to enjoying the woodgas ride and drove all the way ( about 600 miles :grinning:

7 Likes

We will miss you Mr. Tom :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Wayne how far between fillups?

We been getting about 250 on Dino at 15 MPG AND 70 MPH

3 Likes

damnā€¦ this new A380 does not FOW and not even FOCā€¦ :grin:
Now in Dubai for a stopover, then straight next 14 hours to Chicagoā€¦
I saw them running with bags filled with something, not sure it was wood or charcoalā€¦
i Think they must have hear me complainingā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™m trying to leave for Argos today. I was planing on bringing some stuff but I just could not get every thing together. I have some large pipe. It is bridge piling. 12" OD but spiral welded stuff about 3/8" wall in nice shape - not sure anyone wants to weld fins on it due to the wavy exterior. and some 10" ID that is a bit rusty

6 Likes

Good morning Michael .

I have been getting 80 - 100 miles per hopper . Pulling a small trailer and about 60 mph .

2 Likes

Ron,
Bring some of it if you can!!
Thanks!!

1 Like