2018 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | June 1-3

It will be 3 hours before I can leave. I can bring some but we’d need a cutting torch. Mine are out of oxygen. Do I still haul it?

1 Like

Still trying to get stuff done to leave. I’m not hauling 1000’s of pounds of steel around just for fun. Wish I’d gotten it posted with pricing
earlier.

1 Like

Sorry Ron, I didn’t know it was a large quantity. I was just thinking a short piece of the 12 inch stuff. Don’ t worry about it!

1 Like

Well dont look like im going to make it. I started early and was heading down. Truck lost spark, it did this earlier today and replaced the icm and all was good. Now im stupmed. I got a tow truck comin to get me now and bring me home. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’ll be heading out in the morning about 4:30 AM. 5 1/2 hour drive.

3 Likes

I have a cutting torch at Argos. Mini tanks but right full.

2 Likes

Hi guys! I envy you all for the great fun you will be haveing at the meeting, l can already feel the good vibrations on the other side of the globe.

I am deep in to hay harvest so l dont have much free time, if any, but l was thinking wuld it be possible for me to talk to you all for a few minutes on skype or something, just to say hi to you guys :slight_smile: perhaps we culd talk @JO_Olsson in to it too, l am sure he wuld like to do the same.

7 Likes

Wayne trying to pull Koen away from the dark side.

17 Likes

Just tell me when and how. I’d need a quick introduction in skyping. Never done that.

2 Likes

Same here :smile: the where and how aplyes to me too :smile:

2 Likes

Hey Guys… I’m thinking “Hangouts” might be more inclusive for this situation…
Try this link and click on the “Join Hangout” button.
I will be checking in often… so keep it connected if you can.

https://hangouts.google.com/call/6kemulkqy5hibckcze7ruyqexae?no_rd

I’ll keep a connection all weekend,
If that doesn’t work. We can try Facebook or Skype but they are harder to use with people coming and going.
TerryL

3 Likes

Hello all

Wife and I made it back home safe and sound.

More tomorrow , we are beat right now. ( 650 miles in 12 hours )

12 Likes

I just made it home.
Koen checked into a hotel near the airport before I left.
This was the best meetup yet.
Thanks for all that showed up and to all the ladies that kept food on the tables at all times.
A special thanks to Mike R. for picking up the ball and the Lemlers for being such great hosts and all this possible.

12 Likes

Hi matt glad you was able too make it after all and found the electrical fault with the truck the same time,and i am glad i got too meet you in person along with all the rest of the DOW that were lucky enough too have travel time, and make it too the meeting.

5 Likes

Here’s the pictures:

4 Likes

I will try to upload some pics and video tonight . I didn’t get as many videos and pictures as I would have liked but I did give 175 miles of rides :grinning:

Come home to a busted water line that I will dig up and fix this morning . Hope it wasn’t running all last week :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Ron’s wood was Great. !

Every hopper ran over 100 miles with speeds 55-65 and on any down grade as fast as the law allows . This is towing a small trailer also.

With some hybirding over the hills of KY , TN and AL to stay with the flow of traffic I was getting from 110 to 130 miles per hopper . Through the flat country of Indiana using no gasoline at all I got 119 miles from a hopper :grinning:

9 Likes

Wayne, what is an average wood weight to Mile ratio approx ? ( … pounds per mile ? )

2 Likes

We had a great time in the north country. Thanks to everyone. Finally made it home last night about 11:30. Had a slow ride with plenty of stops.
Will try to get up some pics soon. Larry and Jakob are already gone scrounging parts. They are going to try to put together a gasifier while Larry is here for a couple weeks.

Came home to find Luke lonesome and bored, and a bit jealous, but holding his blue ribbons from his public speaking competition.

More later…Got 3 days of trainings to do this week and still have to get ready today…

And I came home to a stack of mechanic work parked in front of the shop waiting for us…

4 Likes

Thanks to all for a great event. Real glad to meet all the folks I had been talking with but never met. It is hard to believe the distances some of the folks came ! Special thanks to the ladies , Lemler family and Mike R.

5 Likes