AL Trip Report

Goodmorning Wayne;you must have a fairly small fuel hopper. I would like to build a unit like this also if it could pull a trailer loaded with pallets. My Ford has a hard time keeping up with traffic with much of a load, with the box under the carb there isnt much vacum when I push it , and when I try to run hybrid the fuel just falls into the intake manifold and it floods or chugs and jerks. Does your Ford have this problem when you try to run hybrid?
Thanks Ron L

Chris, What a blast! Can you share any photos of building the heat exchanger? I’m starting another system and am just curious…
John

Hi John,

I can’t really show what’s inside the gasifier here in the public forum, but it’s basically a vessel in a vessel, transferring heat from the hot gas to the incoming air. When you get on the Premium area there are lots of pictures of the heat exchanger and everything else.

Look out, it’s the banjo again. Tommy White sits in and jams a while. Sometimes work just has to wait.

Making progress. Got the gasifier up in the bed now, it will be coming out again to get painted, but here’s how it will look mounted up.

We got it painted today! Also some plumbing work. Will be gluing PVC next, and remounting the gasifier.

I can almost hear it running…

The truck is nearly ready to run!! We have the whole thing painted and mounted up. The PVC has been cut and fitted, and glued in place. Gauges installed, condensate tank plumbed, engine cranks up on gasoline. Still a few things to finish up and we can try it out on woodgas.

Exciting!!

looking good Chris, soon you will be struttin your stuff…lol

Harvest in circles
John

HI Chris that looks good in the back of your truck. It looks like the truck was made for it!! :slight_smile:

Looks good Chris can’t hardly wait to see all that will be at the Indiana meet.

Great job guys!!! Congratulations Chris on your persistence.

Blessings,

Chris F.

Congratulations Chris, thats an amazing amount of work in short amount of time, great photos too !

I am sure Chris will bring everybody up to date tonight on his progress but for now he can’t quit smiling.

We do know if he wants a speeding ticket he can get one .!!

BBB

Excellent!!!
Good on ya Wayne!
I hope ya got some video of him :slight_smile:
All the best
BBB BBB BBB
TerryL

Well… It runs!! And breaks 65 no problem. Here’s a video:

60 mph in a 25 mph in front of a state prison??? Hmmm. They might have thought you were “huffing” woodgas and not burning it.

Great job. Congratulation!!!.

“The Shadow” and I are going to Louisville the end of next week to a cattle sale. If you are anywhere close I’d like to stop by and get a ride.

Blessings,

Chris F.

P.S Now you have no more excuses why you can’t get more videos up :wink:

Now the fun begins 8-)…hope the damn truck holds up cause it’s a heart breaker when they don’t…burn it baby…pull into a gas station and ask them for some water to cool down the truck then go out and pour it in the hopper and blow off the steam with the back fire burner…they’ll frreak out…then drive away…

Great job guys sure is nice to have the pro’s on our side willing to help and share there expertise, advancements and what not to do. You are an insperation.

Went to Jacks, as usual on Friday night. We took the V10 and gave Chris a break from driving on woodgas. (Smile still on his face )

Several folks walked by while we were there but nobody noticed the woodburner being any different from the rest.

Congratulations Chris and Wayne. You did a fine job.

Regards,
DJ