Bug Reports & New Features

Sorry Chris!

Time stamp! It was made ~2minutes ahead of the bug note.

It was a straight writing; there is no concept on Open Office or Word.

Perhaps it it is better to do all writing on concept first, so that a repeat transmission can be done, till the bugs are overcome?

Max

Hi Max, Yes best to save your work always (not just in buggy times!). If the internet goes down, or your computer hiccups, you may lose everything that isn’t saved. Sometimes the note may be recovered by using the back button on your browser.

Here’s the reason I’m requesting exact post contents when possible. If a phrase or comment gives an error consistently, then I may use the text of it for “bug bait” to generate more bugs until it is entirely fixed. Otherwise I must go by the time stamp and attempt to find the error in the log file. This only fixes one error, when there may have been multiples.

One post I was working on gave about 25 errors, each one different! Submitted time after time… each bug was fixed in turn. Eventually all the errors were fixed, and it went through fine. Had I only the timestamp I could only have fixed the first error.

Chris, you never cease to amaze me. Is there anything you can’t do? I used to think I was pretty smart till I met you; now I am just a smart a$$

Hold off there Don, don’t swell up my head too much… I can’t afford a new hat just yet… :slight_smile:

We all do what comes natural to us. I can’t help much pulling a calf or tossing around big round bales of hay like some folks here…

I also have yet to redesign a whole gasifier to fit inside a Geo Tracker, then have it actually work! My hat’s off to you on that one.

What Don said !!

When everything goes “right” life is fun and easy. It’s when things go wrong that a mans worth really shows. Please know that WE hate what is going on, but WE sure couldn’t fix it so with all the posts about problems, we are with you and trying to help in our little way.TomC

POP there goes the hat… thanks you guys. :slight_smile:

Hey ChrisKY
I did e-mail my Christmas test line. Note same amount of character punctuations and capitalization as in the text-ed message that I sent.
And your DID say test to break it! Lot less time wasted finger tapping that way.
Here the PNW logger way IS to proof test break new equipment. Then you define the limits of the equipment. The ease of repair. And especially the willingness of the designer/manufacturer/dealer of the equipment to stand behind their product.
The Logger just finishing up our ten acre, 150 truck load project for the first two weeks tried out a brand new Doosan trackloader versus his old Cat loader. Doosan was quicker, more powerful,Tier Three engine, more fuel economical. But 4 foot shorter reach - critical for loading 95 footer polelogs. Shorter reach slower for side of site to the loading deck swing transferring logs to not track travel mud up the property: that’d knock back the new growth by years. Also it Tip up lifting on some of the 18,000 pound pulpwood logs. And I pointed out that some parts would have had to airship from Korea.
The old Cat popped a hydraulic line and was back up running in 4 hours. Needed treads tighteners resealed - an overnight done repair. Cracked a grappler weld on my big stuff - again down for 4 hours, night repair.
He will now spend ~$20,000 this winter on undercarriage rebuilding his Cat 325LL loader. Even IF the hydraulic pump goes, could be swapped out, and back up and running in 2 days.
And NO monthly payments ongoing. Without the slow, expensive repairs on the less capable Doosan as it too use aged needing repairs.

Same decision matrix applies to sites, and computers.
Why us grey hairs say New is no damn good as tweeky, and unproven.
And IF the New is less capable than the old; then what is the point, eh? (to transfer moneys from your pocket into another’s pocket)
NONE of my old typewriters or older computers would up into texts tweek cursor point jumps like this fine gift from my wife does to me every most every time that I shift key hit for a first letter capitalization.
I practice my patience mantras over-type erasing, cursor repositioning and retexting. Otherwise this fine machine would fail a bounce test and “break” too.

Regards
Steve Unruh

Note: post sending edit correcting accepted. Good to begin getting back to where we were. S.U.

I just commented on the removable funnel, 6:45 est, had to remove ( ) ! to get it to work, got the forbidden thing. Al

Good morning Chris
Seems ok to select one image ,but go to select second and then selects wrong one.
Calvin.

Well ChrisKY I see that the Christmastime Grinch blocking censor is still working overtime.
Just had a post 403’ed Not permissioned affirming a maxgasmans explanation would not stick no matter how much I did edit it down for length, characters and tone.
You do realize that the Grinch was Green? And Mean?
So is this what the DOW has become, eh?
This is what is appearing to have happened. Appearances become working realities if not opposed.
Make His Christmas coal lump larger with more jagged edges.
Washington State Steve Unruh
(edit accepted)

Hi, Chris!

The bugment hinders now even concept pasting here.
The concept is about woodgas mixing for Don Steve Andrew
The thread begins 25 may 2014 putting no commas or other signs

Max

Flame colors; does not respond, forbidden.

Hi, Chris!

Concept:

The hydrogen color in the lab test is discolored by melting glas!

Hydrogen is not in itself natrium (sodium) colored.

Max

I could not post…then I removed the parenthasis sp? Then comment was accepted

Hello All,

Chris got a bug and may be in the bed a couple of days . Sure hope he gets well soon !!

Anyone having problems on the DOW please bare with us .

Thanks
Wayne

We’ve had it here too. Hope everybody gets well soon.

Did you catch it from all these DOW bugs? Haha! Hope you feel better soon. Al

Mild Communicable illnesses falls under the “what doesn’t kill you will make you stronger”.
Snot nosed children are a great help for this. My nursie wife says that grandchild holding, kissing aught to as good as the new shingles shots for boosting us oldsters.
Since I’ve been public library computers handling now I’ve been getting stronger and stronger these last few months.
Wishing you strength ChrisKY.
Regards
Steve Unruh

When reporting a bug, Chris needs the time from you computer and include your time zone. And a copy of what you posted Other info is not necessarily helpful

You will have to mail it to him at this address [email protected] or you will get a reject message TomC

I get a no permission , when go and try to ask Wayne a question.in ASK WAYNE