Bug Reports & New Features

There seems to be an issue with the contact form and Yahoo addresses, potentially others too. The progression goes like this:

• User contacts us via the Contact page.

• We reply within 24 hours (if possible)

• User does not receive email reply. Uses contact form again.

• We reply again… message is not received… and so on.

Several possibilities here. I suspect Yahoo is flagging my replies as spam, since they are a standard format and appear (to Yahoo) unsolicited. Some spam is not even delivered to spam folders, nor is it bounced. I cannot confirm that this is happening without some test cases.

There are two ways to try and fix this.

• Email me directly. kymetro9999 AT gmail DOT com.

• Add me to your contact list. This should prevent emails from getting flagged.

Chris, I can’t get “construction #2” to load and go.

Hello Carl,

I tried " construction #2 nozzle video " and it seems to work good on this end.

I could not get it to play. I did a “right button click”, and reported it to YouTube.

Would not load here either, I updated my flash player and it works fine now.

I don’t know about others, but all my pictures are forced into horizontal/“landscape” layout regardless of which way the pixel count says the picture should go. This is why lots of people are having pictures come out sideways. Can we please try to fix this soon? It might be a really simple fix like a checkbox somewhere.

Noted, thanks. Wish it was just a checkbox… :slight_smile:

For anyone trying to view these, click on “view original”; you’ll get the raw file and the original rotation. May be too large for dialup.

Most of my pictures are in the 3-6MB per picture original so yeah… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Chris
May I make a suggestion, could you put a star next to the persons name in the thread area so we know if they are premium or not? So we don’t have to cross reference.
Thanks Patrick

Patrick, thats on the list for sure.

Made a small improvement to the Whats New page; when you click on thread titles it will go to the last unread post (if any). Same as the “1 new” link does.

Hi Chris
I like that a lot , it saves a lot of time. You must have just done it in the last few minutes because it’s working like a charm!
Thanks
Patrick
Ps can you put a "what’s new " button next the "top " button on the bottom of every comment ?

Chris
Any way to keep it from skipping the first post on a new topic now.

Good job keeping up with this stuff.

Thanks
Marvin

Ahh! I missed that. I’ll try to get that fixed too.

I too like the ‘new’ option. Any way if one were to mention someone’s name they get alerted?

Bill Schiller

Could you add a “Jump To Page” to the top of every page as well? We have one just near the end of every page but on my browsers, there is always a bunch of stuff below that so it isn’t even as simple as scrolling to the very bottom to go to a different page. Thanks.

Thanks Brian, that’s on the list.

Hi Chris I am new on here and everything seems to work fine. Maybe for us older people you could add CRS to the acronyms and we could clean it up to mean cant remember squat. LOL Great job on the site and as soon as the eagle deficates some money my way I will gladly buy Waynes book. I am at the early stages of building and have absorbed a vast amount of knowledge from this sight in just the last 2 weeks. Keep up the good work. I posted a few pics on the small engines corner didn’t know if I was worthy of my own thread yet. Dave Laundry

Hey Chris, stopped at the mailbox the other night after dark and felt something that I thought was Waynes book. Got down to the house all excited and ready to do some reading. Much to my disapproval this is what I found. I know now how Charlie brown felt when he received a rock in his Halloween bag. LOL Seems like it should have been here by now, maybe its stuck in a snow bank somewhere, or maybe the mail is still suffering from the Christmas rush. Anyway hope everyone is staying warm over there. David Laundry…

Dave, I’ve emailed you with tracking info. It’s still making progress, slowly.

Is it my computer or did something change on the website while downloading pictures? Now when I click on the “view original” tab the picture comes up with the same + sign as before but clicking it -nothing happens like it used to.