Bug Reports & New Features

Hi Don, possibly a browser setting. The site still downloads pictures the same way. The zoom or “plus sign” is your browser’s job.

It would appear that my issue is on my (browser) end because it only happens running Opera, which is my primary browser. Anyways, when I click the “First Unread” button (at the top of a thread) or the “5 new” link (from “What’s New”), the first unread post appears at the bottom of my screen, instead of the top. I only get to see the first line of text in the post without having to scroll down further. It’s been happening for about a week.

As far as I know, I haven’t updated the browser recently or changed any settings. Any thoughts? Opera Mobile V. 12.10.ADR-130108058

I keep seeing this message

“This site uses HTML5.
Please upgrade to a modern browser.”

Surely the latest version of Chrome is a “modern browser”?

Gary, that message shows for everyone. If you are on Chrome then thats as modern as it gets. I should look into fine tuning that, maybe only have it show up on outdated browsers.

For a quick fix, you could change the wording to something like:
“This site uses HTML5.
Please make sure you use a modern browser.
(EXAPMLES)”

Hi Chris
Is there any way to put a star or some kind of marking next the premium members name in the threads so we know how much information we can divulge to them?

Thanks
Patrick

Ps, I nearly made an Oops !

Patrick, I’m sure you realize that out of the pile of folks here and elsewhere, only a few will actually build something. People are just too lazy to do what we do. Gasoline was at $3.57 a gallon the other day. We actually went as low as $2.87 a gallon a couple of months ago. Splain that. I live on a state highway and thousands of people go by here. When gasoline went from $2.60 to $4.00 real quick I had a lot of folks stop by. They play the game with us all. The gulf of Mexico coast is still a mess. BP had a similar disaster in the Caspian Sea prior. It’s only a matter of time. I’m just a casual driver and enjoy it. All you record breakers can go for it. I’ll help any way I can. Unfortunately the internet prohibits me from doing much now. I have to hack into my neighbor’s stuff with a laptop to upload pictures here or even send a message from my yahoo address. Anybody care to send me a USB dialup modem, I’d appreciate it and pay postage etc … Discrimination continues … Of course I’m one who handles black goo. They don’t have fountains for me… They outlawed those back in the day … Stay well, Mike

Patrick, that’s been on the list for a while now. It will happen.

Just a side note, I got the dev site running today. Right now it’s a copy of the website from December. I’ll be testing new features there, and copying them over to the main site when they’re working properly. (Take away - you might start seeing some of these changes happen, finally!)

Thanks Mike and Chris

I have to hand it to you Chris. You must eat, live and breathe DOW. I for one am grateful for everything you do make this site usable for all of us. I know we can’t even imagine all the time energy you expend. Thank you.

Bill S

New feature: Featured Projects page, past and present. Accessible under the Forums tab, or right here: http://driveonwood.com/featured-projects

All is well on this side… Only a problem with DOW…
Much too slow… What’s up?
TerryL

Site is having issues, investigating now. Will keep y’all posted.

yes slow here to but thanks for the heads up, rules out my equip

Well, no issues were found and the site has returned to normal functioning. I take this to mean a temporary sever overload, which could happen again. I’m checking out options for a server upgrade.

I see the hits on the DOW made about a ten fold increase for two or three hours yesterday afternoon.

I guess the Subject window don’t work in the blogs. I never noticed that before.

Not sure why that is. I’ll look into it.

Is there some way to mark a thread like a favorites button so that I can quickly find something relevant to my build? I’m seeing nuggets of information that resonate with me, but can’t find them again later.

Fastest way is using your browser bookmarks. You can link to specific posts using the “permalink” on the top right. Many of us have large folders of bookmarks to relevant posts.