Chevrolet s10 4.3

I have tested for a while, and as usual redone a few times, but now it seems to work, there seems to be very little resistance through the filter, but, that is probably why I get so much in the cyclone.

12 Likes

Jan, your priorities make perfect sense to me. If you didn’t store your firewood at your summer house and your swim suit at your winter house, you wouldn’t get to drive on wood as much :+1::wink:

14 Likes
7 Likes

Very interesting Jan. I assume you are sucking the alcohol vapor into the system above the throttle body? Does it work for cleaning out the carbon in the intake?

GC

6 Likes

Yes, that’s what the Swedish gangas guys say, so I thought I’d try it now that I don’t get any soot in the intake anymore.

6 Likes

@JO_Olsson
It’s probably better if I take it in this thread.
I have driven (edit: 1000km not 100km) now with the new filter, and have reached 40mbar resistance across the filter (17" I think it will be) would like an easy way to clean the filter, Vesa has some kind of air puff, I can lift the filter and blow it clean.
Picture of filter and intake after 1000km

11 Likes

If you can easily lift your filter out, that’s even better. A normal air-gun (pistol) would do then.

Or - maybe your wife will lend you her rug beater? :smile:

10 Likes

As you know, I’m a bit lazy, I want to make it as simple as possible.
Matt whip I haven’t seen since mom used it on my rear, ugh.

14 Likes

I took the filter out yesterday, there was a small cake on the whole filter, about 1-2 mm thick, but found a hole in the edge of the filter, had rubbed against the cage I made from copper pipes, hmm.
@Woodrunner Göran, have you used fire blanket as a filter, or is it too tight?

5 Likes

Hi Jan, i never used fire-blanket, but welding blanket, if holding the blanket against the sun, stretching it some, one should see some shine through, some blankets has a kind of “cover” making them more air-tight, which is no good.
How big is your filter area? There is some minimum how big the filter must be. I guess 2,5m2 minimum, otherwise the filters “clean restriction” could be too big.

5 Likes

Ok, my filter is only 2m, the car ran so strangely so I thought the filter was tight, but only had 40-50mbar negative pressure in the filter at 2000rpm, but then saw that the condensation hose from the hopper had tarred so it didn’t let the water through, but because there were holes in the filter, I don’t know how big the negative pressure really is.
I have this cloth in now, but it is quite easy to scratch.
edit:
https://ojanpera.se/soekresultat/?q=svetsfilt&_gl=1hp5dz0_upMQ
_gaNzkzOTE1Nzg1LjE3MDYwMjMxMTQ._ga_QRHJRKR352MTcwNjAyMzExMy4xLjAuMTcwNjAyMzExMy4wLjAuMA
_ga_K76WFKM7LZ*MTcwNjAyMzExMy4xLjAuMTcwNjAyMzExMy4wLjAuMA
&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5tba58jc9gIViAZ7Ch2JCwa0EAQYEyABEgJzXPD_BwE

4 Likes

I was shocked by the prices until I looked up the exchange rate between Krona and dollars. The way things are going, that 1295 SEK jack could easily be dollars or maybe it is right now if it’s Snap On brand.

4 Likes

@KristijanL

I did some reading in the gengas book yesterday and found this, what does fe2o2 and sio2 mean, and what is it really?

5 Likes

iron oxide and silicon oxide. Basically rust and sand. :slight_smile:
I didn’t translate but the percentages look high for anything but ash or ash from bark.

5 Likes

Sean is right. I dont know the context but those are rust and quatz (sand).

5 Likes

Ok, that’s what I was afraid of, I think it seems a lot though, do the trees take up that much minerals, or how does it work?

3 Likes

Like l sayd, cant comment on anything else because l cant read Swedish

4 Likes

The numbers are high. I would expect it to be the content in ash. Trees do uptake silica and iron. It depends on the tree species as to how high the iron and silica content will be. silica I believe is mainly found in the bark some of that especially near the base of the tree will be from splashing of dirt that occurs during rain.

6 Likes

It is an analysis of wood gas soot.
At the top a sieve analysis size of the grains.
Next is water content,
ash content dry sample
loss of glow
Finally, the ash content of fe2 o2 and sio2.

5 Likes

Ok l think l get it now. The percentige of Fe2O3 and SiO2 is that of the “glow loss”. In simple terms, they burned soot in a kiln, took the ash residue (after the carbon has burnt) and measured the percentige of Fe2O3 and SiO2 in this ash, so thats why numbers are high.

This does not mean soot contains 11% rust and 4% sand, but that of all the minerals in soot, 11% is occupied by rust and 4 of sand, if that makes sence

9 Likes