Erawan Energy Solutions

Indeed Thierry, i am considering protruding the nozzle a little further and see what happens…
but first make it run on a 6,5 HP engine / waterpump and see what happens at full load…

5 Likes

So because of the smaller fuel size the void spaces are smaller and can collect ash in the burn lobe area and beyond. So this makes more sense when starting up to have a new batch of charcoal on start up. Larger charcoal you can get away with it for a couple of runs.
Bob

2 Likes

Hi Bob,

The small fuel size does behave well, in my gasifier size, as where the larger sized fuel are having more difficulty to start up.
For me, the small sized charcoal does a good job to “contain” the heat in a small area.

I prefer the fast startup, specially when doing show’s, however depending the kind of work i did with the gasifier, starting just takes longer and longer if i don’t clean out / refill.

For a number of reasons i just stick with the daily routine and point this out to the students. ( in the hope they follow the lead and focus themselves on quality )

Nothing wrong with doing it other ways… However talking did never make good shaftpower :grin: as there are a lot of bystanders that think they can do better then the actual do-ers ( DOW members who actually DO )

Most joy in my life comes from do-ers , as yourselve, who do show what they achieve… so much i can learn every day…

I am an old dog, eager to learn some new tricks all the time…

8 Likes

:grin: You make me think of old Teddy Roosevelt.

2 Likes

Been busy, yes, but…

New toys arrived…

Soon to be able to give results…

9 Likes

Nothing like new toys for Christmas .:grinning:

Thanks for the pictures Koen .

5 Likes

Best christmas present ever!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If the gas is clean and you have some idea…

10 Likes

Koen, looks high tech. What exactly are we looking at??

4 Likes

Hi Kristijan,
This is lab-scale drying food-grade powder with direct fired heat ( from gasifier )
All parts recovered from junk yard :grin:
Testing if the direct combustion gasses have a negative impact on the powders ( this case rice flour)

6 Likes

Koen, Is that a new laboratory? Looks nice!
Pretty blue flame! :smile: Picture #2 almost looks like some plasma or a high-voltage corona thing… Pardon my simplistic ramblings…

5 Likes

Hi Mike,

Yes, “new” lab, or better said, my second lab…
Airconditioned rooms to work on small things instead of the large hot and dusty workshop…

Yes the flame is very pure, no hydrogen present ( <0.5% )
The charcoal was made in the controlled oven at 950ªC during 12 hrs to ensure purest quality.
But also can be made in a next gen gasifier i am working on.

Details on the new gasifier i will disclose in Argos, for those who’s interested in some stuff i am working on.

9 Likes

You have really come up in the wold since the days of working on your front porch with a cobra slithering around and stalking you. Congratulation. TomC

4 Likes

So Koen does that mean no Argos no disclosure then ? shame cause i wont be there .

3 Likes

There will be a video camera following and be on Koen for sure.
Bob

3 Likes

Dave,

Yeah, i will need to find a way to share my knowhow, or my new experiences, with the real diy die hards…
:grin:
i just need to figure out that whatever we post is not accessible for google search engines but is for friends…

As to elaborate on the why… my knowhow does benefit industrial partners who do in return support my work/benefit for the farmers, hence farmer style and industrial department.

Setting up a school to teach and supporting local initiatives based on my work, is hard working and cost intensive, but o so satisfying to observe progress.

Looking forward to meet a lot of people at Argos and also hoping to meet in person those who can never make it. Would love to come over to each of them to meet and great ( plus a few bears if possible… )

6 Likes

Koen , There will always be those that search out profit on others hard work , and sadly that is a fact of life , but where do we draw the line , for sure we as a community learn from posts here and also from Google / You tube searches , i’m happy to carry on stumbling around picking up tips here and there and adding my own little twist to it , but thats as far as i go as this is my hobby and not my life and am happy to keep it that way

6 Likes

there is a limit on the like clicks i can give… just to let you know, the one you see multiplied by 100…

3 Likes

I like bears too!

Beste Rindert

2 Likes

I think he meant this kind of bear.

6 Likes