Gassifer to power Engine

Hi Garry. I am working on a dryer. And some small modification once i fire it i wil let you know

6 Likes

Just cleaned the gassifer before firing. see what i found. This is the reason for choking

1 Like

3 Likes

Is this slag?

I noticed you have a auguer on the bottom of the gasifier. Is it operational? I ask becouse if it is it culd be made to run occasionaly to move some char/ash out preventing your problems.

4 Likes

Uploading
 Uploading

I just installed an augur we have to see in next gassifer firing

1 Like

Guys i am installing stainless 304 mesh. The size is having a hole size of 0.5mm

1 Like

1 Like

If you are putting that at the bottom, you will most likely need some way to shake it to get material to flow through it.

No i am not putting this to the bottom. I am still keep it as a drizzler gassifer but this mesh will sit on the gas extraction outlet.

Faazi,in view of the image of your gasifier, so that you are a background that resists air variation, I think that a casting of alumina in its make is necessary.

In 1926, he used 50% wood and 50% rice husk less than 10% moisture, and the inside of the gasifier is refractory concrete, despite this device, he had only 1000 calories/Nm3 of syngas, so it takes well put all his chances on his side.

I didn’t think modern refractories evolved until the 30s.

I have no knowledge in this field, I limit myself to give my contraites to a supplier who delivers me, a good product that I buy US, final product in alumina 788 of first order.

2 Likes

We can catch you up! LOL
http://mha-net.org/docs/Harbison%20Walker%202005%20Handbook.pdf

1 Like

guys just stared the gassifer with some modifications. The gas is burning but in the center of flame its like vapor. Can any one advice gas temperature is about 90 Celsius

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gMofiQGtJmSgHpnhBAJSVdb8-5PByyEg/view?usp=drivesdk

Considering the use in bad condition at the front part, I think that it needs a complete cleaning of all the ducts, and if, there is still steam, not climbed in sufficient temperature, fuel still too wet, but for me, to have the cruising temperature on large gas generators, I need 4 hours of operation

1 Like

Yea i also thought so we will run it for 10 hrs and see. I am running the system at 5Hz yet. And i have gas temperature around 80C yet.

Did you try to light it? You can get it when it is smoky like that sometimes. It helps to add secondary air to get it to flare though.