Gilmore style?

The day before…
Students to be proud of…

Evening… dinner in group , students and teachers…
Have to change the clutch from the trike…kickstarter was slipping, also second gear…
Students from automechanic working on it…
Nobody wants to go home with unfinnished work leaving behind…
wow what a teamspirit…

Koen; The middle picture with the yellow bulletin board, what is the tube going from the top to the bottom?
Very interesting how much work they put into even the bulletin boards. This location looks more like what I would think a college shop should look like — maybe minus a lot of the equipment needed for the students. TomC

Glad it’s all going good for you, and them.

That tube at the right side of the picture comes from the center reactor (top) and is connected to the air intake nozzle from the charcoal reactor ( bottom ). This tube passes the gas from the pyrolyse to the gasifier.

I apologize for asking that same question earlier. Other than getting rid of plastic, I don’t understand what the pyrolysis gas has to do with the process of changing charcoal into CO. Are you burning it to maintain the endothermic heat for the CO2 to CO reaction? Is that to save on the amount of charcoal used? Sorry but I guess I haven’t been following this thread as well as I should. TomC

This unit is a “on demand” build, based on an earlier idea i had.
The plastic is gasified under absence of oxygen, generating kind of pure plastic gas :wink: useable for many purposes.
In this unit i can sent the gas back thru the charcoal bed, to ensure a kind of purification, converting to mainly H2 and Co with more HC present.
I am not entirely sure about the output, only that the gas will be richer then just CO with a lot of nitrogen.

For me its testing before teaching… a kind of “Mythbusting” so to speak.
I look at it as a huge energy balance/scale act…
Putting how much energy in, and how much is the outcome…
Testing that gas in IC engines and trying to adjust, improve…to drive of with it…

Its also an immense fun to walk unpaved roads…
Making a copy of someones work is only half the fun…

The exhibition is the highlight of the year, getting awarded to proceed next level of competition the goal…

The evening before the move out with a few of the students…

Me, black, tired and extremely happy…

SWEM when making a stop at the gas station :stuck_out_tongue:
no tank to fill, only charcoal on board…
i want to make a candid movie next, refill water at the gas station and ask for charcoal…

Great performance of the students…
They had to present all by themselves
Provincial contest, submitted 12 projects, did get 8 awarded…
8 projects to go to the next contest level… one school never had so much spirit…
3 projects with the gasifier are also next level approved :stuck_out_tongue:
also the cooking stove, developed by Mr “Osit” Sitichai is awarded , i will start his idea in a new thread…

Good luck on all your findings and acomplishments.Its a very good science, pass some gas stations for me thanks, God Bless.

Hi Koen,
Let me add my kudos to you and your students. Please tell them they have people believing in them and cheering them on. A great teacher, great students, discipline and determination. A winning combination anywhere. Echo Kevin’s, God Bless.
Pepe

Thanks for the Blessings and for the moral support

2 more pictures, one students explaining their work towards the director of the college, another the dual starting and running an ic engine

The struggle to stay humble, Thanks for sharing in our studies.good luck on the plasma simplicity and feed stock effissincy and or tool usefull’ness.all weigh in./discoverys / BE WATCHING /reading.

again an unexpected show to do…
chief of provincial department of energy asked us to promote our system to the local comunity

Koen,
You can not do better than to be a teacher. Many can be innovators but few can then teach what they know.
Garry

this is a short clip from yesterday, students performing well

to have knowledge is a joy…
sharing that knowledge is a dream…

i enjoy dreaming…

not to change the subject, but type in [ PWR comeing too montgumery,al ] there might be some thing too learn there for all.Of coarse that one is way too comerciel.And is still burning the methane/co2/h2, although there seems too be power LEFT OVER.