Gilmore style?

i must be doing something wrong with me searching :wink:
do you have a link ?

It was a big plasma recycleing plant trying too get set up in montgumery,al plasma burning all the garbage they can get in the big city of montgumery,al may be diferent country USA search

I believe Kevin is referring to a plasma waste recovery system that’s being considered for Montgomery Alabama.

On a different note a man named Harvey Riley from Cooper Texas. Taught my high school shop class . That was 45 years ago what I learned from him I use almost every day. You will have a long life because your students will carry it on
Tomw

I have played a part in similar projects
lets say i have the basic skills :wink:
http://www.cho-power.com/en/cho-power-in-morcenx-france-a-first-in-europe.html
http://www.europlasma.com/

I agree that somethings will have to come over years and years…
If you read all the articles about the above links, there is a statement that say the reached the required lcv
That is an impressive low value… very low…
The part i was involved in, was preparing the feedstock towards the gasifier ( design of the waste treatment system)
6,25 tons/hr 24/7 turned into 12Megawatts electrical power…

Anyhow, Tom, what did you learned 45 years ago and use daily ? i am curious :wink:

Thats the link i was looking for Thanks,dident think of the date of it.still tied up in politics. actually i dont know how to transport a link to DOW or email.?

Shop class stuff welding , tin work , wood working.
But the most important thing. Learn from your mistakes/failures. Think different search for alternatives. Which I believe is why most on this site are here.
Tomw

Thanks to the link from Carl, i am tuned in now :wink:
I am asked to work on small scaled systems here ( local community’s) to find small workable solutions.
The plastic-dual is one development in that row, the Co2 converter another.
Many things could be done “better” or more “complicated”
We, our team here, just want to be the eyeopeners for home made solutions ( with home i mean local builds )
Thats why there is no automation in our shown systems… first they need to understand and learn…
for me ? many things to learn in every aspect …
learning by doing…

It would be interesting too see moto bike running on own power after plasma energy used,on wood,if its even posible,as charco wood create loss’s and time to make charco on road woild be inpracticle,and not a good sale,too much extra work, takes long enough just collecting ,and cutting and drying feed stock wood. not saying that it caint work, just that it would have too that way. too be viable, at drive on wood.good luck learning.interesting

Yes, that is my goal, to have it driven,

About pro and con of charcoal: in the reduction zone, any converting of matter, asks for energy, be it water, be it other volatiles…
Any build gasifier needs its own balance between reactions taking place.
Needles to say that, if you don’t use the BTU’s from making charcoal, then better use the wood in a gasifier.
So i split my efforts: turn every green waste into charcoal in an efficient way, use that charcoal for gasifiers.

some of my viewing points about losses:
Any kilo of char (so called bio char) evacuated out of a gasifier, represents 3 kg of wood wasted.
Any % of Co2 in the gas represents a larger % of wasted energy
The need of gas cooling down = huge loss of BTU’s

But it boils al down to one point: does your gasifier works ?
There are no better ways, there might be other ways…
But one is universal: input sht = output sht

For every starter, novice, my advice would be: start with a Gilmore Simple fire ( imo unbeaten ) and if you feel a bit more confident , take on a Wayne Keith gasifier.

For the more technical advanced people : try to beat above systems with your own builds ( joke of course )

I have seen many builds so far, here on DOW, and i like every single one of them.
Hat of to you guy’s…
If some of my theoretical exercises or practical experiments, helps out other builders or starters, well , that makes me happy…

what i was thinking was about what marco was saying about a plasma charco too run motor.sorry i got off thread a bit.ITS past my nap time 12.30 wensday morning,signing out.

no prob, we bring it into the other topic…
i enjoy other visions and ideas, they bring someone on track again …

Playing it practical… no nitrogen in the gas

First flare, but i was a little to late with the tempering of the temperature… flame reached the nozzle an melted everything away…
Back to the drawing board :wink:
But a hell of a fun…
Part 1: http://youtu.be/59pAHav8l2k
Part 2: http://youtu.be/3XHmhzSSS3I

I can’t see an HHO flame… You mix hydrogen with oxygen?? Isn’t the same… can’t work!!!

Show on the road again…
Ministry of energy is promoting the work of Technical College
Today show about renewable energy in one of the local schools.
Students getting interested into driving on Charcoal power …

I get a message back if i want to post…
i am not allowed to post ?

Hey Koen, problems with the site this week.

with students