Gilmore style?

As Don said, “very professional”. To have watched a guy start out working on a dirt floor wearing flip flops and shorts, to these well designed and built projects has been very impressive.TomC

Koen, Thanks for posting PICTURES … I peek from time to time … It is always nice to know that you can actually drive without gasoline or diesel. I live right on a state highway so it is tough to make charcoal here without complaints. I make it on the fly so to speak … I experimented with it 10 years ago or so but could never get enough energy to keep a truck running. I was never able to recycle exhaust gas but a few drips of waste oil into the charcoal or sometimes a little water would make things GO… It seems everyone does youtube videos … I am one on the minority that have no way to view any youtube videos. I used to post SWF files on my woodgas site but my sites are all history along with several sites before them … I’m wondering when youtube will go belly up … At any rate keep it up !! … I would need a month in the library to begin to get caught up on all these videos … Several components of your system would rot out in about 3 years here in the salt belt. I hope Gary along with many others can make it to Indiana this year … Gary was so busy the last time I saw him that I didn’t even get to talk with him and I was camped 150 feet away … Regards, Mike LaRosa, Linden, Wisconsin, USA …

Thanks for the compliments, i still enjoy barefoot and flip-flops :wink:
But school etiquette

Yeah Mike, its only because Gary G, gave the example, the knowledge that it works, what made me start building.
The fun came with the experiments after the first tests
and still a lot of tests to perform, endless fun i would say

i think i still need to teach them a few things… but they are wonderful anyway
(trying to weld with the small genset ? at leats they had some sparks :stuck_out_tongue: )

Koen, There was some black fella somewhere in Africa that was running a home made welder with no goggles … He wound his own transformer using junk wire and cardboard between the windings … I wish I could find the link … I have to go back a few years on the older computers and they modified the link but it was still there last year … I may have the pictures yet but can’t post pictures here … Oh well … Keep on diggin ( to the center of the Earth) … Mike

This the welder you were talkin about mike L?
http://nathan-lee.com/blog/2009/10/15/welding-africa-style/

Nathan, That’s it but with only partial pictures … I’m glad somebody tried to preserve it for a bit and thanks for tracking it down… There is also a young man in Africa that built a windmill so he and a few neighbors could have electric lights at night … He likes to read … I think his name is William … It is a real makeshift deal using all kinds of scrap wood for the tower and bicycle parts on top … We e-mailed way back when … Mike L

Andrew … Sorry … I got names mixed up … Mike

google sure comes in handy. I found the story of windmill boy. very cool!

1 Like

The 2 sets in preparation for the Inventors day 2015

http://youtu.be/ycEHEm195tM

Feeling great

Very nice, clean finished look. Are you doing to try and scale up to larger engines? What would be the major use for these rigs? They seem a little small to weld.

The 2 stroke is indeed a “little bit” to small to weld, it did take me a few laughs to explain that to the enthusiastic students
I have a lot to learn and a lot to teach, a long way ahead.

These builds are teaching projects , with low cost materials available.

Scaled up versions , with modified diesel engines are in the pipeline.

Target “market” is the daily farmers use for the small gasifiers and comunity power as target for the bigger sets

Students in team, preparing the booth for the show

The “big Chief” of research and development at the booth

Showing the visitors how it works

students and visitors

at the show?? I’m guessing you are the only one, congratulations. Any prizes?

Yes, the only one with gasifiers, and a lot of attraction.
tomorrow last day of inventors day 2015 (its in honor of the King of Thailand and organized by the national research counsil)
its a huge exposure and will have a positive influence on my work.

after tomorrow, we participate in the Finals for the students, another 4 days on a show exposure.

Good chances on awards and made a lot of new contacts, including the biggest company from Thailand, PTT Oil,
Their techs will come tomorrow for another talk.

Maybe not obvious and not so visible, but my work is promoted by the ministry of energy already ( banner on the background from them)
also the presence on this inventors day was a wildcard from that ministry.